Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 5: Team Overload Thread >

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Community

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Well boys, today was a turn around I don't have much time right now but videos and pictures coming up tomorrow.

Me and my good buddy and fellow firefighter Seth decided to team up today. We went to another Firefighters farm down the road at first light. The birds gobbled before fly down but then shut up once it got light. After about an hour, we see a lone strutter make his way out into the cornfield in front of us. After that, one more big strutter, 3-4 jakes and around a dozen hens flooded out into the field. We video-taped them for half an hour or so but couldn't coax them any closer then 70 yards. The pretty boy-girl combo kept the subdominant gobbler away [:@].

After taking a breakfast break, we headed out to his farm where he had NEVER hunted turkeys before. On the walk in, we here some hens yelping like mad from just inside the treeline, and right on cue 3-4 gobblers sounded off 100 yards away. We ran as fast as we could to the line and set up the decoy combination. I turned the video camera on and aftera singlecall and 1 minute 13 seconds of video, the gobbler was on the ground. Came in on a beeline like i have never seen before. Six minutesafter slamming the truck door shut he hadhis bird down. It was unbelievable. All onvideo too.

He weighed 21 Lbs and had an 11 inch beard with 1 1/8 inch spurs for a score of 64. It was one of the best days ive ever had in the field and im gladi could share it with my buddy. Were going back to the first farm tomorrow morning where the blind is already setup in a new location for gobbler slaying

Wish me luck, and like i said, pics and video tomorrow!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is awesome can't wait to see the video.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your bud Caleb, that is awesome. That's a really nice bird too. Can't wait to see the pics and vids.

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. Smack a biggen!!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys not as good of a day today the birds weren't as active but still not a bad day
and bowman i am in northwest IN.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a good feeling that somebody killed something today.

Hopefully im right. [8D]
Old 04-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I'm hunting Ohio in the morning, then driving to the farm in Indiana to hunt the rest of the weekend. I won't have internet at the farm so good luck to everyone that is huntingthis weekend.

Irhuntr--I alsohave a good feeling I'll be seeing picturesofpeople'sbirds when Iget back Sunday night.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot one this mornin.Pa. opener. scored 56.Don't know how to post the pictures.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jalvja

Shot one this mornin.Pa. opener. scored 56.Don't know how to post the pictures.
Woo Hoo!.. email the picture to me and i'll post it up. Thats awesome! congrats..
([email protected])

I just got back from the morning hunt, about to head out to the farm. This morning was absolutely crazy. I called in a total of 6 birds. 3 birds hung up (jakes I think)and I couldn't get to them. Then I had 3 more toms coming in fast, and they must have circled me a little cuz I got BUSTED at about 7 yards! And I mean BUSTED big time. They appeared out of no where from the honey suckle, a little behind me and to the right...next thing you know I have birds flying past my head and up into the tree Im leaning against. It was nuts, I've never been that close to a turkey.

Jalvja, i'll be here for about a half hour before I head to the farm (its 12:20pm now). If you send me the pics within that time I'll post them, but if I leave, I'm sure our team members can post the pics for you. Congrats again,
Team Overload is coming back with vengeance

Old 04-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can help ya out too Jalva. Congrats!!!

Adam, got luck this weekend. I was gonna do some scouting but it's a monsoon out there so that won't be happening.

I wonder if Caleb got 1 or if he was attacked by 1. [8D]Either way, I still got a good feeling about this team. The birds are dropping like fly's!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alright Jim! That makes two of us for this morning. More to come later, got stuff to do right now [8D]

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.