HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5: Team Overload Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Siman08/OH
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Well boys, today was a turn around I don't have much time right now but videos and pictures coming up tomorrow.

Me and my good buddy and fellow firefighter Seth decided to team up today. We went to another Firefighters farm down the road at first light. The birds gobbled before fly down but then shut up once it got light. After about an hour, we see a lone strutter make his way out into the cornfield in front of us. After that, one more big strutter, 3-4 jakes and around a dozen hens flooded out into the field. We video-taped them for half an hour or so but couldn't coax them any closer then 70 yards. The pretty boy-girl combo kept the subdominant gobbler away [:@].

After taking a breakfast break, we headed out to his farm where he had NEVER hunted turkeys before. On the walk in, we here some hens yelping like mad from just inside the treeline, and right on cue 3-4 gobblers sounded off 100 yards away. We ran as fast as we could to the line and set up the decoy combination. I turned the video camera on and aftera singlecall and 1 minute 13 seconds of video, the gobbler was on the ground. Came in on a beeline like i have never seen before. Six minutesafter slamming the truck door shut he hadhis bird down. It was unbelievable. All onvideo too.

He weighed 21 Lbs and had an 11 inch beard with 1 1/8 inch spurs for a score of 64. It was one of the best days ive ever had in the field and im gladi could share it with my buddy. Were going back to the first farm tomorrow morning where the blind is already setup in a new location for gobbler slaying

Wish me luck, and like i said, pics and video tomorrow!