Community

Team 3: Sunrise Demise

Old 03-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 3 Thread

How about we amend the team name to read: "Sunrise Demise - 2009 HNI Spring Gobbler All-Stars"
Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Baiting is illegal in Iowa. That is out infront of someones house a half mile away from where I hunt. Provides for some excellent preseason scouting
Old 03-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

haha yeah it is.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sunrise Demise is the official team name.

Nice birds buckroger.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Picked up a heck of a deal today. There are a couple of sporting good stores in my area that are going out of business. I've hit both of them. Been buying Nat Gear clothingat 50% off. The deal today was a Primos B-Mobile strutter for $39.99. I just couldn't pass that up. I've also been buying turkey calls at 40 to 50% off. I also bought a couple more Thermacells at $12.99 each. I think I may test B-Mobile out in Texas in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys, we were at the very bottom of the page. There has to be something about turkeys to talk about. I'll be going out this weekend to listen. The weather will be much better this weekend than last. Hopefully I will hear my first gobble of the year. Two weeks and counting for my Texas hunt.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good I have hardly any turkesy were I live but I am going to hunt on my friends land so I havent had a chance to get out there yet this year but he tells me they are all over the place!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 AM

Got some bad/good news for my Alabama trip. My dates off were wrong, and we had to move it back two weeks from March 20-23 to April 3-6. Sucks I have two extra weeks to wait, and that weekend in April I was SUPPOSED to go to our local NWTF Jakes hunt and guide for one of the kid hunters...but can't now. They have PLENTY of guys to help out though, so no kid will be without.

On the flip side, waiting two weeks into spring should GREATLY increase their call receptiveness. After the past two seasons, I have learned mid March is good to get out early, but a much harder time to call birds in than April-May. These birds are unhunted by anyone but me, so the hunting pressure is a nonfactor until I arrive. I can't WAIT to head down.

Still debating a TN trip on their opener, just can't convince myself one weekend is worth a $175 tag, when I don't have that much money to begin with.

Looks like still only KY and AL for me. haven't began spring scouting yet, but I will be doing some shedding/turkey scouting over the next week since it is spring break from college...I still have classes, so I couldn't head south for the beaches.

Nice birds Buck, once the flocks break up here in a month or so you should be set.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got myself the new carrylite Peep'n Tom. I wrote up a review on it on the turkey forum. I was thinking about going with the b-mobile as well superstrutter but decided against it.

I see you're dilemna Trevor, but if it were me, I can't justify $175 for a single weekend. I'd stay home and hunt for "free." Whatever you choose, good luck.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who knows how to make an avatar for the team?

Quick Reply: Team 3: Sunrise Demise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.