Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 16  "Longbeards Inc." >

Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Community

Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 16 Thread

Great job on the NC bird JR. I scouted mine out yesterday, and actually called him in this morning to my porch. I am ready for Saturday now though.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Any luck today oneshot?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my self in the foot. I didnt roost them Friday afternoon for fear of running them away while glassing. I went out to set up around 100 yards from where they have been roosting and busted them off the roost in a tree right where I wanted to set up.

I turned around a set up in a field they have been in a few times and let them cool down and start gobblin'. THey started gobblin in my neighbors field, so I snuck over to see him in the field. Thats when I heard someone else calling, and I had heard rumors that someone else was going to be tresspassing. I called dad and got him to go check on the calling while I watched the bird strut around in the field. I found out it was my neighbor (not by choice) calling. The turkeys caught sight of somehting and got out of there, while he was gobblin at every call. I havent seen or heard him since, and I only saw one hen in the PM.

Im trying to find some more birds, but Ill be out in the AM trying to get him to gobble and commit.
Ill report back soon.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Bummer man, good luck in the AM. I was gonna try and get out this evening but plans changed with Easter and all so I didn't make it. We'll be out wednesday or thursday hopefully.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Hey ya'll, Hoot here. Sorry I haven't posted in forever. Getting used to the new (and first) kid really cuts down on the free computer time. Well, to keep it short our trip to Alabama and Tennessee was good, but the weather wasn't cooperating the best. I managed to shoot a jake in AL and got plum skunked in TN. Wind in TN was a real issue but what are you going to do, its hunting. I'm including a humble picture of Mr. Jake, but alas I leave on Wed. for the 2nd half of the travelling season.

Going to hunt Thursday (my birthday!) and Friday morning in WI, drive 10 hours to NE and hunt near Lexington, NEon Sat./Sun./Mon./Tuesday morning, drive to Albia IA on Tuesday and hunt there Wed./Thurs./Fri./ and then drive to Lewistown MO and hunt there Sat./Sun./Mon. and come home and hope my wife and son are still there!

Hopefully we will put a respectful scoring bird or twoon the board by then.

Anybody going to be travelling along I-80 on Friday the 17th or Tuesday the 21st? Could hitch up for coffee and a Team 16 pep rally!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

Good job on the Jake Hoot! Any bird is better than none. I won't be in that area but if you're ever in the KC area give me a shout and we'll meet up.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

bhensley,

I just noticed that you are in KS. I once had a FANTASTIC Rio hunt in Ellsworth, KS. Elkhorn Creek Outfitters. I'll go back when my son is old enough!

bhw
Old 04-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job on the jake Hoot and good luck on the upcoming trips. Sounds like you have a lot of driving ahead of you and hopefully a couple dead birds along the way. Good luck!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

BHW, yeah there is alot of good hunting here in KS. Hopefully I connect with a big bird also!

Hoot, what is the weight and spur lengths on your Jake?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

15.5 lbs, spurs 3/8 inch each, and beard 4.25, but I am hoping to have a better entry that that for the team. It ISjust the best bird for each team member correct? BOy I hope I can do better that this one! I'm hoping for a big-hawg heavy, long-spurred, beard dragging WI bird on Thursday morning. Lets see what the man has in store for me!

When do the rest of our team members get to get out there in the woods? Lets hear from you guys!!

Quick Reply: Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.