Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 16  "Longbeards Inc." >

Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Community

Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Old 04-15-2009, 01:00 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Team 16 Thread

Hooter - one part is best bird 1 per hunter and ya can update- one part is all team birds, one part is biggest bird, one part is best per specie for typical and non-typical.......
I wundered how ya was doin! ya can see what I have been up to!

I have shot 3 and could have shot and filled all 3 in GA and all 4 in TN - ya it was windy - just gotta call louder!

JW
Old 04-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah like JWs said, you can update you're bird if you get a bigger one. I just entered that one for now but will change it when you get a bigger one. Depending on the weather I plan to get out tomorrow afternoon and do some hunting. Hopefully I can get something and were gonna try and get the hunt on video if possible. Not sure if I'm gonna use the bow or gun though. Just depends what time we get out there and if we use the blind or not.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

10 days till I get out there. Can't wait any longer! I will be making the trip from college to home next saturday for opening day but that Saturday will be my only day to hunt for a while. The next time I get a chance after that is when I'm out of school May 8th and then I will have the rest of the PA season. Hopefully I get one down on opening day to take off the pressure!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:10 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Any NY'ers on this team?
Old 04-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well fellas I went out last night (thursday) and everything went good until the guy on the neighboring property screwed it all up for us. I'm still extremely ticked off right now. Its late and on the way to bed but I'll give an update on that whole ordeal tomorrow sometime. I'm gonna head out to one of my other properties tomorrow am (saturday) so hopefully I'll connect with a nice bird there. They are calling for rain but as long as its not too bad we will be out there by 5:30 am. Wish me luck and see ya all in a bit!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that bhensley.

Hopefully this morning went better for you and I'm interested to hear the story of what happened yesterday.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bhensley I just realized on the score boards that the second bird for our team was never put up there so i was wondering if you wanted to bring that up to JW and arrowmaster
Old 04-21-2009, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunt4Life23

Bhensley I just realized on the score boards that the second bird for our team was never put up there so i was wondering if you wanted to bring that up to JW and arrowmaster
I sent him a PM on the score.

As fo my hunt last week.... We got out about 5:30-6pm and got set up in our spot. Danny was doing the calling for me and after about 15 he had the Toms going nuts. Another 15 minutes and they were coming out of the woods on the opposite side of the field, about 80 yards or so from us. As soon as the birds came out in the open and started to head our way the guy with the neighboring property started letting a high power rifle rip. Sounded like an AR15 or equivelant as he would blast through 15-20 rounds at a pop. Our turkeys left. About another 20 minutes or so Danny had called them back our way. Once again the idiot neighbor would let the AR rip until our turkeys left. We could tell this guy was in the woods somewhere and sounded like he was within 80-100 yards from us. He only shot when we got the turkeys in the field we were in and they were headed to us so he was somewhere where he could see us and the birds and purposly scaring them away from us. Were gonna get back out there Wednesday I think and see what we can come up with us.

I did get out Saturday morning and set up in a different area about 45 minutes before the sun came up but it started raining on me once the sun was up. I didn't have a blind so I had to leave shortly after as I wear glasses and couldn't see with the water all over them. I did see about a dozen birds as I was headed out and they were heading my way (where I was).

So were gonna hit the first spot Wednesday then I'll head out to my spot again this weekend sometime.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn i would be pissed at that neighbor

And good luck during the rest of the week!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well just looked at the weather for opening day saturday and its supposed to get up to 84 degrees so it should be a beautiful morning but I dont know how long I'll be able to stay out there in the heat. Cant think about anything other than turkeys right now!

Quick Reply: Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.