Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest! >

HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HuntingNet.com - May Giveaway Contest!

Old 06-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Uh oh whiner 2 jumps in. Wah wah wah !
Old 06-22-2017, 12:06 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Stop it

Push my title aside. I am giving an opinion here so I'm no longer a Moderator. I'll stand up take what ever comes my way. I won't edit or delete. This is one man who has had enough of cyber bullies.

There are far too many members who would rather badger, belittle, abuse and bully rather than share their hard gained knowledge. Yes you earned that knowledge and yes many youngsters won't listen but then at their age did you? Ive seen too many times we get members who hide behind their name and when met face to face are nothing like they write.

To you I say "Shame on you"

So let's get into this contest to which I was unaware of and since I do Moderate I thought I was ineligible to participate.

NAME!
WHAT IS A NAME?
Rules do ask for a name. You have a " Username " correct?
Where does it state legal or birth name to post your picture? It don't.
You log in with your username thus a"NAME" was posted. Otherwise you can't post. Correct?
Definition of a Name

name

nām/

noun

noun: name; plural noun: names

1.a word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred to.

"my name is Parsons, John Parsons"

synonyms:designation, honorific, title, tag,epithet, label; More

informalmoniker, handle;

formaldenomination, appellation

"her name's Emma"

a famous person.

"as usual, the big race will lure the top names"

synonyms:celebrity, star, superstar, VIP, leading light, big name, luminary; More

expert, authority;

informalceleb, somebody, megastar,big shot, bigwig, big gun, great, giant

"the top names in the fashion

To the word name. Several have read more into the rules than is there.
Contest was also put up to help bring new members here. That it did but with 2 pages of negative rhetoric I'm betting that new user won't come back to post thanks to the constant negativity.

We have "Users" who belong to this website that have flat out chased away new users constantly. You know who you are. Rather than find a way to teach from your vast knowledge you taunt. Shame on you! I have brought this up with management several times.

If HNI bans me for what i posted it is darn worth it!
Quite frankly the 'name' "Crybaby" fits.

Dave......JW

Last edited by JW; 06-22-2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: edited to add the definition of what is a name. nothing more
Old 06-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

JW = John Parsons

That doesn't work.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is a weak excuse for a screw up. Everyone's screen name is on every post, so when the rules ask for a name is obviously asking for a given name not a screen name. While I did enter I really don't care if I won or not , I would have only taken advantage of one of the prizes anyway and I didn't expect to win. However when someone with no dog in the fight decides to throw his oar in the water and call a member a poor loser when that is not the case I will not remain silent, in my opinion he is the cyber bully and a trouble maker! Sharing knowledge has nothing to do with this thread, I have shared a substantial amount of knowledge since I have begun posting here. The whole crux of the matter is that there were rules posted when the contest was announced and those rules were not followed when the winners were selected and I believe everyone who entered and followed the rules has a legitimate gripe, I did not complain but I did support the man who did because I agree with him. Had the contest rules simply stated post a picture of your favorite hunt and contact the outfitter to receive a brochure no one would have had a reason to question the procedure. Don't whizz on my leg and tell me it is raining. Whether it was intentional or not, the rules of the contest were not followed and the red herring of "what is a name" is just a distraction. I am done with this thread but an admission that the rules were not followed, for what ever reason,would go a long way in defusing the emotions of this thread and those who were not involved should not be exacerbating the situation.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
That is a weak excuse for a screw up. Everyone's screen name is on every post, so when the rules ask for a name is obviously asking for a given name not a screen name. While I did enter I really don't care if I won or not , I would have only taken advantage of one of the prizes anyway and I didn't expect to win. However when someone with no dog in the fight decides to throw his oar in the water and call a member a poor loser when that is not the case I will not remain silent, in my opinion he is the cyber bully and a trouble maker! Sharing knowledge has nothing to do with this thread, I have shared a substantial amount of knowledge since I have begun posting here. The whole crux of the matter is that there were rules posted when the contest was announced and those rules were not followed when the winners were selected and I believe everyone who entered and followed the rules has a legitimate gripe, I did not complain but I did support the man who did because I agree with him. Had the contest rules simply stated post a picture of your favorite hunt and contact the outfitter to receive a brochure no one would have had a reason to question the procedure. Don't whizz on my leg and tell me it is raining. Whether it was intentional or not, the rules of the contest were not followed and the red herring of "what is a name" is just a distraction. I am done with this thread but an admission that the rules were not followed, for what ever reason,would go a long way in defusing the emotions of this thread and those who were not involved should not be exacerbating the situation.
Your post hit the nail right on the head Oldtimr! Seeing as how JW stated he was not speaking as a Moderator and nobody would be banned for posting in regards to what he stated, unlike when Jake started a pizzing contest two weeks ago with a member and then banned that member for a month for arguing with him just because he's a MOD and even used a bogus rule that didn't apply to do it I'm a little leery about replying. However, I'll take JW at his word and say this. The entire post you made is a bunch of hogwash and what was in it had nothing to do about gaining new members or members chasing members away. In this day and age if a person can't have a thick enough skin to discuss things on the internet without getting their panties in a wad then maybe they should grow up. The only reason this site is losing members IMHO is because it sucks the way it's run. The MODs are not uniform in how they deal with posts and some rules are violated by them just like in the case where Jake banned a member and was calling that member names that is against site rules for EVERYONE including the MODs. The other thing that is bugging everyone including all the MODs is the ridiculous amount of spam that could easily be taken care of if the owners wanted to run a clean site like every other one that I'm on that doesn't have any of this garbage to put up with. IMHO if I was a MOD I would resign my position, rather than wasting all my time deleting spam on my free unpaid time. It's rather obvious to me that the site owner or Administration doesn't give a rat's tookus about the members or their MODS or they would clean it up and bring it up to the standards that all the other sites I'm on do so the MODS can enjoy their time on here too! Rant over!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-22-2017 at 08:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Appreciation is in order for HNI and IMB Outfitters for running this contest and the prizes awarded-especially considering the low turn out. No doubt expensive and generous. Perhaps other such contests can be had in the future as members see or hear stories from the hunts to be completed. Thank you for your time, expense, effort and intent.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
Maybe this site doesn't meet your standards and you should leave it and open the door for some really good hunters that left to return in your place !!
I 2nd this.
I would say step up and volunteer, by being a mod. But with your attitude, that would not help.

Do you think this is there job? Or that they get paid for doing this? It is probably just voluntary, and they doing a good job.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:16 AM
Fork Horn

I looked back and almost half of the contestance did not post a name.

ot and tg, I do not see any names on your post. ?
Maybe everyone that posted after you, just did what you did.

My dog in this fight is for the mods, that volunteer there time to help run this site, so that hunters have a place to go and talk hunting.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I removed my name after the winners were posted, it was there.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bornagain64
I looked back and almost half of the contestance did not post a name.

ot and tg, I do not see any names on your post. ?
Maybe everyone that posted after you, just did what you did.

My dog in this fight is for the mods, that volunteer there time to help run this site, so that hunters have a place to go and talk hunting.
You are clueless, but I'll respond even though you probably won't understand. Oldtimr and I did have our names on our posts for the contest as required in the rules and if you'd look before you type you would see I took my name down AFTER we started responding to your BS. Look at the bottom of my post and you will see where I said I edited it to take my name off---DUH! I'd suggest you shut the heck up because you are clueless and appear to lack ethics since you obviously condone people not complying with the rules. Do you do the same when talking about laws on the books and just obey them if and when you feel like it? I hope not, but your clueless posts would suggest you would. We did not say anything against the MODS until AFTER that stupid post JW made last night and YES, they are unpaid and shouldn't have to waste their valuable time deleting all this spam when the site owners/Administrators could clean it up just like the other good hunting websites I visit. Now take a final hike because you're out of your element here and shouldn't have made any posts when you weren't even involved in the contest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.