Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Bad Boy Experience

Old 08-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about all of your problems with your utv Hancock, stay on them, write up & document everything, put it in a folder, make several copies and send it to the appropriate parties.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:47 AM
Spike

Now our dealer says he doesn't know the dates when we took it to him and he had it repaired. He says he didn't file it with the company. How did he get the warranty parts if he didn't file it?
Old 08-22-2016, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lawyer!!! Pay an attorney to send him a letter demanding that he make good on repairing the faulty machine he delivered to you with a copy sent to the manufacturer. I suspect that will prompt some action. Do any of your news stations have a reporter who goes out and checks on complaints by customers on business and then does a story on the incidents. That has been known to get action. It is time to take off the gloves and go bare knuckle on them.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-22-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Lawyer!!! Pay an attorney to send him a letter demanding that he make good on repairing the faulty machine he delivered to you with a copy sent to the manufacturer. I suspect that will prompt some action. Do any of your news stations have a reporter who goes out and checks on complaints by customers on business and then does a story on the incidents. That has been known to get action. It is time to take off the gloves and go bare knuckle on them.
He's not saying he won't repair it. He will repair it all day long. He won't give us a refund or replacement which the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act states that the company must do. I can understand our dealer in part, since it's not his fault the company produced a lemon. But he could be a little bit more helpful and persuasive when talking to the company.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

He is definitely BSing you. You didn't pay for labor or parts and you can bet your last nickle he didn't do the job for free, so he filed. Id file a formal complaint with the BBB against both the dealer AND Bad Boy Buggies. Filing against Bad Boy would get THEM into the mix instead of them pawning it off on the dealer (who is actually in the wrong here) and would force them to force the dealer into making things right. Try that before paying out to a lawyer. Or just contact Bad Boy home office and tell them you are going to file against them if they don't make things right. That might be enough to get them off their collective butts.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
He is definitely BSing you. You didn't pay for labor or parts and you can bet your last nickle he didn't do the job for free, so he filed. Id file a formal complaint with the BBB against both the dealer AND Bad Boy Buggies. Filing against Bad Boy would get THEM into the mix instead of them pawning it off on the dealer (who is actually in the wrong here) and would force them to force the dealer into making things right. Try that before paying out to a lawyer. Or just contact Bad Boy home office and tell them you are going to file against them if they don't make things right. That might be enough to get them off their collective butts.
I've already filed a complaint against the company. We have agreed for us to take it to them in Augusta at the end of the week. They said they would look over it and if they could fix it they would fix it. Not sure what they wouldn't be able to fix?
Old 08-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know if the lemon laws apply the same to ATVs as they do to trucks and cars in your state but under a lemon law, the dealership only gets ,I think, 3 chances to fix a problem, then they must give you a new one or your money back. Check your states lemon law, in so,me states ATVs are covered and in some they are not.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-22-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I don't know if the lemon laws apply the same to ATVs as they do to trucks and cars but under a lemon law, the dealership only gets ,I think, 3 chances to fix a problem, then they must give you a new one or your money back.
Sadly Oldtimr, in Ga they don't. But the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act does. If it's had to be repaired
more than 3 times for the same thing(check)
been in for repair more than 30 days at a time (check= 75 days)
Or twice for something life threatening (check = brakes)
Old 09-13-2016, 02:34 PM
Spike

As of now this is all the repairs that have been done by dealers and Manufacture(Not counting the off record things to get us out of the woods with). If this thing ain't a lemon I don't know what is.
Dealer Number 1. (original dealer we purchased it from)
A. February 2015
1.Dc-Dc Converter
B. Late June
1. replaced (2) steering arm brackets right and left front
Replaced (1) hub assembly right front
Replaced (1) strut with bearing assembly right front
Repalced (2)anti rattle brake pad springs right front
Replaced (1) CV axle right front
Dealer Number 2 April 1st- June 10th
Cv axle assembly
STRUT assembly, Front LH
Right Front Strut Assembly
Textron Specialized Vehicles (manufacture)
All 4 struts were replaced, this included all 4 brake rotors, and brake calipers as well.
All brake lines as well as the master cylinder were replaced, the brake system was filled and bled per specifications
The park brake was adjusted per factory specifications
The drive clutch and drive belt were replaced
The engine oil, oil filter and air filter were changed
The battery connections were all tightened to specification and batteries were cleaned properly.
The inspection board on the back of the unit was replaced.
There was fault in history that indicated a Main Contactor issue, the main solenoid was changed.
The motor wires were all tightened to factory specifications.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would have been cheaper for them to just take that one in and give you a new one. Stupid business practices really crack me up sometimes. By the time they paid out labor and parts, they would have MORE than paid for a new one (their actual costs not wholesale price) AND they would have a happy satisfied customer rather than an embittered one! Ahhh well, such is the mindset of absolutely too many businesses in this country nowadays. Rather than simply admit fault and fix the problem, they drag crap out costing themselves more money and customer base.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.