Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Meat vs. Antlers....

Old 09-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Just as a PS, last season the biggest rack buck I ever saw, wide 10 point, was standing in front of me at 40 yards or so broad side, I had the cross hairs behind the shoulder with a good rest and that was a dead deer. I told my grandson to shoot it. He shot, he missed, I didn't lose a second of sleep and after I talked to him, I doubt he did either. And Rockport ,if that is what you got from from my post, it is also asinine.
Its not bitter that you don't care about antlers......good for you.

Its bitter that you are so angry that other people do care about antlers.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rockport you have a perverted sense of understanding what you read. The post was started by a person who tried to sell that people who say they don't care about big racks are liars. My response wasn't bitter, it was telling him he is full of crap because I am not a liar and I could care less about big antlers. If you read my entire post I said if people want to hunt for bone have at it. I also said there is too much importance out on bone by the so-called hunting experts on TV which has bled off onto the regular hunters who don't have their trips paid for by sponsors, which is true. Perhaps you thought I was talking about you, I was not, I could care less about what you do. In fact, when comparing posts, it is you who you sound bitter.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-10-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mountain Man, you crack me up!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the record, I like antlers as much as tenderloins.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I like tenderloins more than antlers. Then again you know that Rob..
Old 09-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rockport you have a perverted sense of understanding what you read. The post was started by a person who tried to sell that people who say they don't care about big racks are liars. My response wasn't bitter, it was telling him he is full of crap because I am not a liar and I could care less about big antlers. If you read my entire post I said if people want to hunt for bone have at it. I also said there is too much importance out on bone by the so-called hunting experts on TV which has bled off onto the regular hunters who don't have their trips paid for by sponsors, which is true. Perhaps you thought I was talking about you, I was not, I could care less about what you do. In fact, when comparing posts, it is you who you sound bitter.
Here is where the problem lies(and it is certainly not with my reading comprehension) You like to just lump us all together and paint us with the same brush.

You say "Perhaps you thought I was talking about you, I was not" well I covet big antlers and right there in your own text you said "those who covet big antlers" How did I miss comprehend that? Maybe the problem is more your typing than my comprehending?

I suppose it is hard for those enamored by and those who covet big antlers to understand they aren't worth spit to many of us, they grow them, they fall off and they grow them again. This obsession with big antlers will eventually kill sport hunting and hunting for the sake of the enjoyment of hunting. It has already started with the high fence operations where you pay for deer by the inch of antler, and with the so called hunting shows with the so-called experts who simply climb in a stand that has been set up for them and the areas scouted and perhaps baited and they shoot a large rack buck and pretend they were hunting.
You see I don't like being lumped in with these other things simply because I like to hunt mature deer or "covet big antlers" I don't like these other things any more than you do.

You see Ive had a blast already this year with like minded friends and family watching deer,checking cameras,spending weekends in the cabin. Chasing mature bucks is going to kill hunting for enjoyment? What? Maybe for you.

I will harvest meat for the whole year and I can do that in about a week.......now that would kill my hunting for enjoyment but because I chase mature bucks I will be in the woods hunting deer for almost 4 months instead and preparing for it for most of the year. If you want to go shoot the first deer you see and go home thats great but I will be hunting and making those memories almost all year long.

It is not killing the enjoyment of hunting just because you don't like it.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are a true granola trophy hunter tatonka.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are a hero LOL
Old 09-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey tatonka? maybe you can give this meat hunter some pointers on how i can get a trophy?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's cut the head and antlers off and carry it out of the woods, and worry about the meat later? I know- Maybe you hate the taste of wild game? So you should give it to.. Hunters for the Hungry? Anyway Bud I hunt for meat 1st and foremost, and that means (for me) usually, (not always), taking the biggest baddest buck/bull. It's not that hard of a scenario to figure out really?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.