Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cwd ????

Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
gjersey, there was a captive herd that was depopulated in PA and the owners took the fence down and it was in area where wild deer would go into that property. The department of Ag didn't make them put the fence back up. We have had deer escape from captive breeding facilities and at least one of those facilities turned up positive for CWD. This kind of crap along with the surreptitious movement of deer for breeding is why there is a real danger to our wild deer from captive breeding operations, regardless of what a couple of people here are saying.
Right on Oldtimer, when the CWD scare broke out in WI years ago lots of us had our deer checked with ZERO results, the CWD was in the southern portion of the state around known CWD high fence operations. Now that a deer breeder let deer escape from his operation into our woods guess what will happen? Near Portage WI in 06 the state bought out the punk who bred and released CWD, just so they could keep the fences up as it's in the soil. No CWD wasn't always in my part of the state it is here because of high fence deer operations.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nah, if the disease jumps the species barrier to humans, I will not hunt deer. I find it laughable you keep pushing the healthy deer nonsense. To have an abnormal number if deer in an area in its self it not healthy. But you keep on trying to sell that snake oil.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BigTime1
So if i put you in a 1200 acre high fence ranch and showed you pics of a buck, Gave you a week to kill that buck with your choice of gear and you came out with your tail between your legs would that make you feel any different?

Most people never even get to hunt 100 acres let alone 1200. I could put you on a mountain top and your buck could be on another mountain top.
First off, you'll never get me on a 1200 acre high fence ranch even if you gave me the shoot for free. Second, if I did a hunt (as compared to a shoot) and came away empty handed, it wouldn't bother me at all. I've been skunked many times. I once spent an entire season in CO with a bighorn tag in my pocket looking for a big ram I'd seen exactly once. I never found him and I have the tag framed on the wall. That's because I was hunting a free ranging animal and not one contained in a pen.

If my game is on another mountain top and I don't see it, that is fine because game is supposed to roam around freely and not be trapped behind wire. I wouldn't have any self respect if I had to pay you $$$ to pen up a deer for me to shoot. I'd rather salvage a road kill, it would be more honest. The sport is called hunting. It isn't called penning, shooting and killing.

What you sell is many things but hunting isn't one of them.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

HUNTING: the activity of hunting WILD animals or game, especially for food or sport.

FARMING: the activity or business of growing crops and raising livestock.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BigTime1
Deer farmers are paying for the research by the scientists that you speak of. And this test will once and for all prove how clean and tested our whitetails are. Problem will be the wild deer will be spreading the crap like they are now and will still be untested.

Right here he admits to being nothing more than a "farmer". And "farmers" raise livestock to be slaughtered. They do not raise game animals.

This will just be a feather in the cap of high fence when they can prove that when hunters come hunt with them they are getting clean healthy Tested whitetail deer and god forbid if this ever jumps over to man you will ONLY be hunting high fence clean tested whitetails.

What a pompous statement. This guy actually thinks he is playing Mother Nature and the only whitetails that will be hunted if a disease gets out are the whitetails he pen raises!!! Just how does he figure that to be the case? Does this guy have any idea how big the range of the whitetail is and how many of them there are in the wild?

Or you will hang up your hat!

So this guy thinks he will be the only game in town? If we don't pay him we don't hunt? Again, a pompous statement if there ever was one.
I see no difference between a whitetail from this guy's pen that was shot and mounted than I do the following:

By the way, can't help but notice he was banned again. What is that? Twice in 2 weeks?
Old 09-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

He still has not identified his operation, which says a lot.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL twice in 5 days! I think JW got tired of the guy's BS and circular arguments stating absolutely NO facts supportable by any research. By the way flags, you never answered my PM. Mind taking a looksie and giving me an answer?
Old 09-02-2015, 03:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
By the way flags, you never answered my PM. Mind taking a looksie and giving me an answer?
Never got it. I'm not one to ignore PMs as other members can attest. Try sending it again.