Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Michael Waddell

Old 02-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Michael Waddell

Here's hoping all of us are lucky enough to enjoy our passion as a full time job one day

After graduating from high school, he started competing in - and winning - turkey
calling contests on a regular basis. He gained renown as one of the nation's top callers, and in 1993 he won the Realtree Grand America Turkey Calling Contest in Perry, Georgia. His performance caught the attention of Bill Jordan and earned Waddell a spot on the Realtree Advisory Staff. His big break came while guiding an outdoor writers' hunt in Pine Mountain, Georgia. After showing David Blanton some footage he and his brother-in-law shot while hunting deer and turkeys, Waddell was hired as a freelance cameraman. Waddell joined Realtree's Television and Video Department full-time in 1994...
Old 02-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Michael Waddell

man too bad it cant be all of us eh
Old 02-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

He is one of the few pro-hunters I think it would be a pleasure to hunt with.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:57 PM

He is my HERO. j/k, I do admire the guy though. I knew of his background, and every year you keep seeing more and more of him. Now he is hosting a Gander Mountain show, on top of Roadtrips,and being on theT/C show, and Realtree. He has an enthusiam that seems true (not fake like some of the other tv personalities).
Old 02-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

He keeps it interesting, even when the hunting is not that great, which is rare on one of his show.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally I don't want to hunt full time. It would become a job then. I've even heard those guys say it, they'll let a huge deer or elk walk, because the camera wasn't on, or not enough light etc......personally I'd rather those guys take the animal and just show us it once they find it with a light, I wanna see these big boys taken. Personally as well, I find after 3-5months of some serious hunting, I'm ready for a break, then the new year rolls around with applications and that excites me some, by fall I'm ready to hunt again, I thought I'd just point out that not everyone wants a job that they'd get paid to hunt etc.....maybe a tv show could be fun of my own, though of late I'm getting a little annoyed with how commercial its becoming, seems everyone has a show, wish we could have lesss shows and more quality. Just my thoughts though.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love to watch him.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

I like his shows.. He puts a good emphasis on hunting and on the other aspects of hunting as well and seems to have a genuine appreciation for hunting..
Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 AM

wuss...
Old 02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

He is one of the few pro-hunters I think it would be a pleasure to hunt with.
i agree, but I'd rather hunt with Tiffany Lakowsky

Quick Reply: Michael Waddell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.