HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Michael Waddell (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/230564-michael-waddell.html)

wahoohunter 02-03-2008 01:22 PM

Michael Waddell

Here's hoping all of us are lucky enough to enjoy our passion as a full time job one day:)

After graduating from high school, he started competing in - and winning - turkey
calling contests on a regular basis. He gained renown as one of the nation's top callers, and in 1993 he won the Realtree Grand America Turkey Calling Contest in Perry, Georgia. His performance caught the attention of Bill Jordan and earned Waddell a spot on the Realtree Advisory Staff. His big break came while guiding an outdoor writers' hunt in Pine Mountain, Georgia. After showing David Blanton some footage he and his brother-in-law shot while hunting deer and turkeys, Waddell was hired as a freelance cameraman. Waddell joined Realtree's Television and Video Department full-time in 1994...

Rory/MO 02-03-2008 01:59 PM

RE: Michael Waddell

man too bad it cant be all of us eh;)

timbercruiser 02-03-2008 04:20 PM

He is one of the few pro-hunters I think it would be a pleasure to hunt with.

smokems 02-03-2008 08:57 PM

He is my HERO. j/k, I do admire the guy though. I knew of his background, and every year you keep seeing more and more of him. Now he is hosting a Gander Mountain show, on top of Roadtrips,and being on theT/C show, and Realtree. He has an enthusiam that seems true (not fake like some of the other tv personalities).

trailinone 02-04-2008 06:51 AM

He keeps it interesting, even when the hunting is not that great, which is rare on one of his show.

salukipv1 02-04-2008 08:32 AM

Personally I don't want to hunt full time. It would become a job then. I've even heard those guys say it, they'll let a huge deer or elk walk, because the camera wasn't on, or not enough light etc......personally I'd rather those guys take the animal and just show us it once they find it with a light, I wanna see these big boys taken. Personally as well, I find after 3-5months of some serious hunting, I'm ready for a break, then the new year rolls around with applications and that excites me some, by fall I'm ready to hunt again, I thought I'd just point out that not everyone wants a job that they'd get paid to hunt etc.....maybe a tv show could be fun of my own, though of late I'm getting a little annoyed with how commercial its becoming, seems everyone has a show, wish we could have lesss shows and more quality. Just my thoughts though.

125py 02-04-2008 08:58 AM

i love to watch him.

cjwink 02-04-2008 09:51 AM

I like his shows.. He puts a good emphasis on hunting and on the other aspects of hunting as well and seems to have a genuine appreciation for hunting..

swamp rooster 02-04-2008 10:31 AM

wuss...

Nolehoe 02-04-2008 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

He is one of the few pro-hunters I think it would be a pleasure to hunt with.
i agree, but I'd rather hunt with Tiffany Lakowsky ;)