Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW >

HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW

Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

it might take awhile but if half you guys are worried about getting the vids in on time with the weeks...just do 3 years of filming right there if you get6 good edited hunts=2 hunts a year...in then your set to have a show once a week inNov/Dec or what ever......then the next year mabysponsors will look at those vids andget a deal..not only, that hunting guilds will ask you tohunt on there land for advertisement now you can get 2 more good films....and the filming just keeps on rolling
that made absolutely no sense to me. could you explain it againin a different way?
Ditto. I THINK he was trying to explain. that you can't produce a high quailty video in one season...to do it right, it's going to take a few years of filming and editing in order to produce a quality product and maybe, sponsors will follow?
Old 06-29-2008, 08:47 PM

take more time and start smaller...then get bigger....is pritty muchall i was saying
Old 06-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Right, solocamcan
Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ok thanks for clearing that up for me
Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think it is as hard as some make it out to be, but it's definately not easy either. I've been working towards my own show fora couple of years and finally managed to get 6 episodes together for our local fox affiliate this spring. The show aired here in in the Bowling Green, Ky area as well as parts of MN, IA, and WI on the fox affiliate out of Rochester MN. I ended up spending around $15,000 on eqiupment, airtime, and editing. That doesn't include travel expenses, licenses, etc... I recouped most of the editing expense and airtime cost, but not all of it. I don't own half the equipment RD/OPC mentioned. I paid a local guy to edit the content for me and had a few buddies that helped provide footage. I've been filming for about 3 years now and have quite a stock pile of footage. We're working on our next season now and plan to produce 13 episodes with hopes of getting those shows on the MAN channel. We're putting a little more effort into some graphics, but for the most part, the show is remaining very similar to the first season. I think a guy with a good camera and a desire to succeed can go a long way. I have a wireless mic, and a shotgun mic, nice tripod and tree arm. Thats about it. I rarely use anything other than the factory mic on my camera. I'm a hunter first and producer/camera man second! I'm a regular guy that enjoys filming hunts and thought people wanted to see others like themselves on T.V. I can promise you that you will not get financial sponsor money before proving yourself. Some small companies will give you free merchandise but that doesn't pay the bills. I targeted local companies in a local market to cover my expenses. I'll learn the ropes here locally and grow my audience as my experience grows. If anyone is really serious about starting a show, contact me and I'll tell you what I've learned, bt be prepared to work hard for no money for a long time!!!!!
BTW, if you haven't seen my show, here are the links to all 6 episodes online.

http://www.theaverageoutdoorsman.com/episode-1.html
http://www.theaverageoutdoorsman.com/episode-2.html
http://www.theaverageoutdoorsman.com/episode-3.html
http://www.theaverageoutdoorsman.com/episode-4.html
http://www.theaverageoutdoorsman.com/episode-5.html
http://www.theaverageoutdoorsman.com/episode-6.html
Old 07-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Videos Skin Dog!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 12:31 PM

I have no problem with you wanting to start a new show.Matter of fact-I welcome it.ANYTHING has got to be better than whats left on tv today.Try something different-like doing a show that is FREE RANGE and involves a gun VS the everyday mundane -Bow hunting,TC Encore behind a high fence show.That crap is starting to get real old.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:46 PM

700rem nothing takin but i much rather watch a bow hunt than a gun hunt any day...its something about archery seeing the arrow and the deer being close that gets good footage..gun hunts are to boring no footage invalved..a deer comes out in the feild 200 yards away and shoot it o thats intence...archery you can move an inch or then deer will pick you like its his job..butwhat ever its just my opinion
Old 07-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

700rem nothing takin but i much rather watch a bow hunt than a gun hunt any day...its something about archery seeing the arrow and the deer being close that gets good footage..gun hunts are to boring no footage invalved..a deer comes out in the feild 200 yards away and shoot it o thats intence...archery you can move an inch or then deer will pick you like its his job..butwhat ever its just my opinion
X2.... I do gun hunt, but that's for of a "family tradition" thing, Bowhunting is serious hard work, but the rewards are much greater.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool vids skin dog, what kinda setup are you using?

Quick Reply: HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.