HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Video & Photography (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/video-photography-86/)
-   -   HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/video-photography/166400-how-start-your-own-hunting-show.html)

mrboutwell 11-22-2006 10:42 AM

HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW

ALL YOU NEED IS VIDEO CAMERAS, SOME EXTRA EQUIPMENT,AND A GOOD EYE, START YOUR OWN TV HUNTING SHOW(PUT ON YOU TUBE)OR TAPE YOUR GUESTS HUNTS, MAKE THEM A DVD TO REMEMBER,JUST ADD YOUR PRODUCTIONTO THE COST OF THE HUNT, THEY WILL LOVE IT,IF YOU WANT TO GO BIG TIME OR SMALL STARTING OUTLET ME NO ,I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU OUT.EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

RD/OPC 11-22-2006 05:17 PM

RE: HOW TO START YOUR OWN HUNTING SHOW

I beg to differ. At the minimum, here's what you'll need to consistantly produce great hunting shows:

Video camera's, dry cases, lenses, vehicles, vessels, insurance, good editing software, monitors, computers, batteries, sound design equipment (portable audio and post audio equipment, wireless mics, omni mics, booms, etc), legal, marketing reps, media purchasers, website, hunting equipment, personal accommodations equipment, outfitter contracts, cell/satellite phones, the know how to operate all the equipment professionaly/efficiently and the time to produce 12 to 16 shows per year, including the "bust" excursions.

More into it then heading out into the field with a consumer or prosumer camera and the standard 16X lense. You also need to be disciplined, comfortable enough in the outdoors to spend days - up to months in the field or just away from home at one time. Be able to handle any weather in the world, from 120f with high humidity - days of rain to freezing rain, to a consistant -50f below. Good angling and hunting experience wil help you, as well as knowledge of your quarry's biology.

Don't quit your day job!

kyvideoman 11-24-2006 08:26 PM

AMEN!!!!!:)

ORIGINAL: RD/OPC

I beg to differ. At the minimum, here's what you'll need to consistantly produce great hunting shows:

Video camera's, dry cases, lenses, vehicles, vessels, insurance, good editing software, monitors, computers, batteries, sound design equipment (portable audio and post audio equipment, wireless mics, omni mics, booms, etc), legal, marketing reps, media purchasers, website, hunting equipment, personal accommodations equipment, outfitter contracts, cell/satellite phones, the know how to operate all the equipment professionaly/efficiently and the time to produce 12 to 16 shows per year, including the "bust" excursions.

More into it then heading out into the field with a consumer or prosumer camera and the standard 16X lense. You also need to be disciplined, comfortable enough in the outdoors to spend days - up to months in the field or just away from home at one time. Be able to handle any weather in the world, from 120f with high humidity - days of rain to freezing rain, to a consistant -50f below. Good angling and hunting experience wil help you, as well as knowledge of your quarry's biology.

Don't quit your day job!

SaskatchewanOutdoors 12-02-2006 07:38 PM

Want you need is desire...you will figure out the rest...

jasonshawn2005 12-08-2006 11:28 AM

RD/OPC

Tell us how your really feel, get it all out.....

Just joking, sounds like you might have some exp in that field.

The Wildlife 12-15-2006 04:51 AM

Everyone has to start some ware, don't give up we have a show that runs on local cable it is fun but hard work! I am working a deal to go state wide by Jul, on ONN! (Ohio News Network) Keep at it!

frontier gander 12-15-2006 05:16 PM

i think if i were to do something like this, the #1 item on my first to get list would be one hell of a high quality crystal clear video camera that doesnt produce fuzzy or bouncy images when you zoom in on the target.

furgitter 12-28-2006 03:14 PM

An old girlfriend of mine said Do what you truely love and the money will follow.Well,im still waiting for the money,but i started trapping for a living and ive been happier than a clam ever since.
Stick with it,Nobody is going to make anything happen for you,YOU have to make it happen for yourself!!!

ranger140892 01-07-2007 08:06 PM

Please, no more hunting shows! Hunting has been turned into enough of a "prostitute" already.

elkslayer338 01-08-2007 06:16 AM

I have made my own movies of the elk hunt for the past ten years it does take allot of time and you do need some equipment and software. Your camera should have 30x optical at least, I use Pinnacle software and edit at home. note for the true capture of the hunt you should not be hunting or have filled your tag already. As far as to many shows on hunting I have to agree as far as canned hunting shows go. but get the reality of it the Truth of the hunt. That makes a great vid. here is part of last years video.
http://melrose-elk-camp.googlegroups.com/web/2006%20short.wmv?gda=-BJywkQAAACZw6f6FWhYsYdflTGn9e1uswMVV9o4AUt83qmAPQG hXBVJVT3hrgKrn_IySc8la3J6nw6-y1dEc-vmtnKcA6c20Qk3COw9Y2Ws58dbCfLF5g