Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one >

new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one

Old 01-12-2016, 09:26 PM
Spike

Default new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one

Theres a new choke out from wildside armory the patterns are crazy from what i could find out one fb at there page they only made a few last year and did a bunch of testing and omg its deadly. Any one know where to get one.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just watched the video. Smoley Hokes! What load(s) were they using to reach out past 60yds and konk'em dead? I'm guessing 10ga.

I know what I want from Santa, but my season starts in 6 weeks! Early Christmas anyone?
Old 01-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why not call them in close the way turkey hunting was designed, rather than shoot them out so far you can't tell whether the bird is a Tom or a hen?! Maybe just hunt them in a state that allows use of a rifle so you can really wack them way out! IMHO this long distance stuff is getting out of hand and not the way turkey hunting was always thought of to get them in as close as you can for the fun and excitement of it!
Old 01-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

If it's legal and ethical have at it boys.
-Jake
Old 01-14-2016, 06:03 AM
Spike

Default i found them on fb and darn the pattern are crazy

They have There patterns up on there fb page and they put there chokes heads up against a rhino and they out shot the rhino by 42% at 40 yrds . They dont even look like a conventional Choke they kind of look like an AR 15 muzzle brake.There only $85.00 im getting mine at NWTF IN NASHVILLE.
I do also agree on the long distance comment people are getting a little carried away with it but there 30 and 40 yrd shots are better than any other choke ive ever seen.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would Tom Turpin have used one if he had the option?

Is it the choketube or the range that makes it "unfair"? What if it were a familiar turkey choke with one of the "extended" range shells like Longbeard XR, Hevi-Shot? This issue reminds me of the arguments that raged when compound bows, and more recently crossbows, entered the scene. Did they ruin the sport?

If someone thinks it's "more proper" to keep shots to 40yds or less, then do so. If this helps draw more folks into hunting, whatever the game, strengthen support for hunting and all it requires, great.

As the average age of hunters increases, more participation not less is what the habitat, game animals and the hunting community needs.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JoeA
Would Tom Turpin have used one if he had the option?

***Who cares what he would have used?

Is it the choketube or the range that makes it "unfair"? What if it were a familiar turkey choke with one of the "extended" range shells like Longbeard XR, Hevi-Shot? This issue reminds me of the arguments that raged when compound bows, and more recently crossbows, entered the scene. Did they ruin the sport?

***Turkey hunting has always been a sport where you try to call the bird in as close as possible for the sport of it, as well as to insure a clean, humane kill. The use of equipment, even though legal, that takes away from the sporting aspect IMHO takes away from why we go hunting. Using the technology, whether it's a choke, a better shell, or a combination of the two to insure a clean kill is fine, but to extend ranges out that IMHO takes away from the sport just to get a kill lessens the experience of the hunt if a person just has to get a kill to be happy. This goes the same with these long range systems for big game where people are now potting away at game at ridiculous ranges where the animal is so far out that it can't rely on it's senses for survival.

If someone thinks it's "more proper" to keep shots to 40yds or less, then do so. If this helps draw more folks into hunting, whatever the game, strengthen support for hunting and all it requires, great.

***I would hope that what it will do is insure humane kills at decent distances and not increase long range distances that may lead to more crippling than already happens. I sure can't see how it will have anything to do with bringing more people into the sport.

As the average age of hunters increases, more participation not less is what the habitat, game animals and the hunting community needs.
***I can't disagree with your last statement at all. However, I see no way that this will do what you're saying if someone just has to kill something any way possible to be happy.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

TG unlike you, who is retired and has nothing else to do, some folks take off from work, some do not get a paid vacation so they are losing income to hunt, I take off 2 hours a couple days during season, I will take the first killing shot I get so I can get back to work, you wanna kill them inside 20 yards, come to the Potomac highlands hunt these easterns on public land, they'll hand it to ya on a plate, why are you so obsessed with folks hunting legally but different from you? do you ever consider what the HNI population (besides the other old guy) thinks of you?
RR
Old 01-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
TG unlike you, who is retired and has nothing else to do, some folks take off from work, some do not get a paid vacation so they are losing income to hunt, I take off 2 hours a couple days during season, I will take the first killing shot I get so I can get back to work, you wanna kill them inside 20 yards, come to the Potomac highlands hunt these easterns on public land, they'll hand it to ya on a plate, why are you so obsessed with folks hunting legally but different from you? do you ever consider what the HNI population (besides the other old guy) thinks of you?
RR

I could give a rats rearend what you or anyone else thinks of me and I'm not forcing anyone to hunt like I do! However, I'll darn sure speak up as to what I feel is inappropriate whether it's potting a turkey at 80 yards or you and your 1000+ yard BS on deer! Stuff like that does nothing positive for the sport I dearly love and when things come to a vote with the people on the fence seeing some of this garbage that is now called hunting we'll lose again. It's happened in MI with doves, other states with the loss of hunting bears and cats with dogs, cessation of trapping, etc. You and everyone else is kidding themselves if they don't think that sooner or later all hunting will end the way this country is shaping up with the Liberal takeover that keeps digging away at our freedoms.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-15-2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

keep your attitude top, one day you will have some friends (the same generation as you) gathered around your casket saying what a great guy you was, the legacy you leave here
will live much longer than they will. I know you do not care what I think of you, but do not worry, its not nearly as good as you think it is. if its legal guys have at it, do not let the ramblings of a pessimistic fool change your ways
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.