I understand that you don't have much money to spend on "top-flight" equipment. But, spending just a little over $30 to get a jellyhead choke is a good idea, if it is possible. for $10-15 more than you aim to spend you can get a choke that is not only very good, but in my humble opinion vastly better than any $30 choke out there. The jellyheads seem to pattern pretty well with just about any load. Not sure how easily you could find one for a pardner pump, but if you can find one I'd think long and hard about it.
Wish I could hunt all year long.
Primary Hunting Weaponry:
1. Bear Anarchy HC 30.5", 68# with a bunch of goodies on it.
2. Browning Maxus with Burris FF3
3. CVA Optima Elite with Leupold VX3
4. Weatherby Vanguard in .300 WBY with Leupold VX3
5. Savage Model 11 in .257 BOB with Bushnell Elite 4200