Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Cook's Mountain bows?? >

Cook's Mountain bows??

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Cook's Mountain bows??

Old 02-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cook's Mountain bows??

I've been shooting compounds for many years, but for the last year I've been shooting some of my friend's curves and longbows a little. It has brought back a lot of great memories of when I first learned my first things about archery in the Boy Scouts when I was a little kid (and the Scouts still taught that kind of thing). So for this last year I've been looking at a TON of traditional models, brands, etc. I thought there were a lot of compounds to choose from, but the diversity of traditional bows is crazy!

Anyway, I'm about to pull the trigger and get one I think, but there are just too many good ones to choose from as far as bowyers. For just starting on getting back into it, as far as price and looks, I really keep coming back to the El Gato or El Puma by Cook's Mountain Archery. http://www.cooksmountainarchery.com/longbows.htm

Do any of you more experienced traditional shooters have any experience with these bows. I love the lines and looks of them and the price seems right if they are quality. I've heard that the Bowyer worked with Bob Lee when he was Wing Archery or maybe Bill Stewart, but I don't really know if that is true or the history there. I think his name is Roy Coursey. Any info is appreciated.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cook's Mountain bows??

I don't personally have any experience with these bows, however, I could hook you up with someone who does. PM me if you're interested in contacting him.

My advice though for someone new though is to try to get to a big shoot. There is usually a lot of decent used bows out there to try.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cook's Mountain bows??

PM sent.