Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep sights?

Old 09-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Spike

Default Peep sights?

ok so i have a peep sight on my bow where it is just in the string with nothing attached to it. I used to have a peep with a rubber piece going to the center of the bow to pull the peep into the right decision but i got the new peep cause its a bigger one and i liked it but right after it was installed the peep keeps turning so i never have a good view. the peep is always crooked when i draw back. How should i fix this. I think i am just gonna get a new peep. What kind and size should i get. I do alot of deer hunting in the early morning. thanks
Old 09-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Typical Buck

It MIGHT have nothing to do with the peep. Need more info but if you just want it to line up better, move a few strands from one side to the other of the peep. It's best to take it to a shop so they can check it out as string creep is the main cause I see with mis-alined peeps that once were true.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

you can also remove you nock set and replace it with a peep aligner nock set.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
you can also remove you nock set and replace it with a peep aligner nock set.
Thanks for the comments guys. bronko can you explain this more sorry i am new to hunting and i dont know many people that do
Old 09-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

You need a bow press to fix it. I'd get one and start learning how to do things. When you figure out whats the best anchor point with your release hand you'll need to set your peep so that when you hit your points the peep is directly in view without having to **** your head around.

You'll be glad you have a press as things take a lot of trial and error. A shop just doesn't have the time.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your string has stretched, and it's an easy fix. I've never walked into any shop and been turned away for something as simple as this. IF I ever was, I wouldn't go back.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

What kind of release do you shoot? Is going to a D-loop out of the question? You can line it up with the peep if so. Could be that the string has stretched or it was put in at the wrong position. Moving strands of the string will take care of the problem if this is the case.