Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
More Custom Strings >

More Custom Strings

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

More Custom Strings

Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default More Custom Strings

TWIZTD STRINGS is a company located in Michigan that builds custom strings . The strings are made based on your specifications or those of the manufacturer . The materials used are Brownell Excel or BCY 452X Most colors are available . 2X serving is used for end servings . Halo may be used for specialty orders . All strings are pre-stretched at 300 lbs and served under tension using a Little Jon serving machine .
I ordered 2 sets of string and cable for my Ben Pearson TX-4 . One set is the Excel (seemed to be faster in some of the previous tests) and the other set is the 452X . I ordered the Excel in Green / Black and the 452X in Purple / Black . I was quite pleased with the color options .
I had contacted Sean at Twiztd Strings and gave him my string measurement . Sean in turn contacted Ben Pearson Archery to verify the specifications on my bow model . When I received the strings , I took the Excel strings to my local bow shop to have them installed professionally . When I picked up my bow I asked the shop owner if he had any problems . Dave , at Trophy Taker Shop said he had taken measurements of the new string & cable , bow axle to axle , brace height , plus measured the string / cable that he removed from my TX-4 . He said the strings & cables measured the same and that the string I had removed was in fine shape .
So far I am quite pleased with the Strings / Cables and the personal touch from those at Twiztd Strings .
The picture with the brighter string is the new one . The original string is the dull colored one .
Now I have to get out and shoot the bow
Original String

Twiztd Strings Excel

twiztdstrings.com
Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Spike

Ed, Thanks for the kind evaluation. Hope the strings are all that I said they were.

If any members have comment or questions please post up or contact me.

Sean
Old 10-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Spike

The guitarist who really pioneered this type of guitar was Eddie VanHalen. He used some parts from an unknown local guitar maker (Kramer) to build his own guitar and started a whole new fad that quickly caught on in the local market. It wasn't long before the Kramer guitar company sky rocketed into popularity with this one style of instrument.
The Charvel company followed suit and before long every major guitar company was building some type of "super strat"
The "super strat" is still the most popular style of metal guitar and virtually everyone plays one. Due to this fact, many young players equate this one type of instrument as being the "best" for metal. But the truth is that there is NO best guitar for ANY style of music!
mortgage refinancing
minibus company