Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Good bows to start with. >

Good bows to start with.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Good bows to start with.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default Good bows to start with.

Haven't shot a compound bow in over 15yrs, got a X-bow several yrs ago for a deal I couldn't refuse to start bow hunting. Want to see about getting a compound bow to try. Amazing how much things have changed since shooting that old bow with the weight, let-off, and so on.

Some limiting factors I have found in my journey was the choices of left handed bows at the shops, also my draw legnth is 26 1/2".

2 bows that have really stuck out to me are the Redhead Kronik (just an older Diamond design from what I have read), and the Diamond Razor Edge. Both feel great in my hand to me, although I haven't got a chance to shoot either one yet.

Any info on these bows pros and cons, and even other recommendations would be great. Trying to stay under $500 right now as the wife made a comment in she would like to also try bow shooting (target only) so I more then likely will be getting her set up so we can do it together.

Thanks for any help and info

Dave
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Used?

Krypt-
Shoot as many bows as you can before making a decision. A used bow can be a great choice too. They even have a special section for lefties. Check feedback before making an offer.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Also at this time I and a lot of others have some NIB 09 clearance bows.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

I hope to go back to the local bass pro and try a few out. My 5 yr old was with me last time and only got to hold and see what really fit me.

Been looking at Archerytalk's lefty section (so glad for this to help me search through all the bows) and there are some really good deals to be made. PM'ed a member yesterday asking questions about a bow he was selling. It however didn't adjust down to my draw legnth.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Spike

I am left handed also and for me found choices were limited to my price range. I ended up with the 60# Redhead Kronik. I think its a great bow for me since this is my first bow, I know there are better bows out there but I love it. It shoots lights out every time, but the quiver will need to be upgraded, just my opinion. My draw length is 26.5 inches and the draw length can go as low as 25 i believe. Its made by Diamond/Bowtech so Im sure it will last through many hunting seasons until I fell I want to upgrade.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Spike

you guys ever think of martin bows, they have a great line up and bows or bow packages are less than 500 easy. ive had one for eight yrs and no regrets or let downs. and a plus all bows come with modules that adjust the lenght from 25 to 30 inches. imo great bows with great prices