Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Center shot and paper tuning >

Center shot and paper tuning

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Center shot and paper tuning

Old 12-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Center shot and paper tuning

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The sling was definately too tight.It is there to catch the bow only,it should be very loose.

I concur with swamps opinion on centershot lasers.BUT,I like the spot hogg laser for setting cam alignment and so forth,provided you can do it at full draw.
You know I like that bow plane one.... and not for the laser but I like the bow square it comes with. You can take the actual arrow you are going to be shooting and screw the insert into the fork end. Most bow squares are WAY too fat for modern carbons. I'm still using one of the old blue flat ones.... serves its purpose for a start.

I haven't seen the square that come swith it but if they had a full length model so you could check at full draw,I would buy one myself.IMO,that would be nice.

bigcountry,just because the bow has some lean in the static position,does not mean it will at full draw.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:09 PM
bigcountry

bigcountry,just because the bow has some lean in the static position,does not mean it will at full draw.
I realize that, it was just, he wouldn't even let me get past static before almost tossing me out of the shop.

But with that said, I have found on the binary cams like my commander and guardian, they have no lean at full draw or static. I know some have.

I also have read that spot hogg recommends if you have static yokes to split the lean. In other words, don't correct the lean at full draw or static but split the difference. I have heard this from other tourny shooters too. I just don't like lean, so I perfer to have none.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I realize that, it was just, he wouldn't even let me get past static before almost tossing me out of the shop.

But with that said, I have found on the binary cams like my commander and guardian, they have no lean at full draw or static. I know some have.

I also have read that spot hogg recommends if you have static yokes to split the lean. In other words, don't correct the lean at full draw or static but split the difference. I have heard this from other tourny shooters too. I just don't like lean, so I perfer to have none.

I actually can agree with this in some cases.IMO,in this situation,you need to see which works better.

Wouldn't it be sweet to have a drawing machine and a full length laser like the bowplane to see exactly what the cams are doing in relation to each other as you draw the bow,then make adjustments accordingly.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
bigcountry

Wouldn't it be sweet to have a drawing machine and a full length laser like the bowplane to see exactly what the cams are doing in relation to each other as you draw the bow,then make adjustments accordingly.
No, it would be something else I would have to have and drive me crazy.[8D]

Old 12-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

No, it would be something else I would have to have and drive me crazy.[8D]

I am off for the next couple weeks and I am contimplating building a shooting machine but I might just hunt instead.[8D]