Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
what are the laws for hunting coyotes in illinois? >

what are the laws for hunting coyotes in illinois?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

what are the laws for hunting coyotes in illinois?

Old 02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by breeze12
If anyone interested I have 5 acres in Will County ane coyotes are a serius problem would love to have some one hunt them
I live in Will county and would love to hunt your land. Send me a private message and I'll give you my number so we can talk.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I believe any shell with more than one piece of lead is considered a shotshell.
No buckshot is allowed in Illinois for hunting' or shotgun slugs on public land.
Shotshells are bird shot. The largest size is bb in lead for Illinois. Public land may require non toxic shot.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Is it legal for you to have a friend buy a resident pass and you use it?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Spike

I live near New Lenox. I'd be interested if you are still offering.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Spike

Default Will county resident.

If the offer is still open I'm looking for a place to hunt coyotes.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Spike

Default Hunting coyotes in suburbs

Hi! I am not a hunter but am hoping people can help me with some questions. I live about 16 miles from the city in Oak Brook. We live in a neighborhood on acre size lots. Yesterday we can w/in seconds of losing our family pet beagle to 2 coyotes in our yard a few feet from our house at 8 am in broad daylight. Beyond upsetting but luckily we saw the coyotes just in time and ran them off. I've just found out there are a ton of them close because of a wooded reserve just behind our development. These are going to be silly question for you hunters but I really need some help! Can I shoot them if in my yard? I thought of getting s pellet gun but sure that won't keep them away. Anyone know the laws regarding this or have any good ideas? I'm practically afraid to go out in my yard!
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call an professional exterminator.

There are people who do this for a living + business is good, particularly in housing developments !

Last edited by Sheridan; 01-06-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Spike

I live in Oak Brook which is in DuPage County. I do not really want to hunt them but I cannot stand back and let them invade my yard and possibly kill my dog! I just want to learn the rules and regulations for getting a gun and what is approved in a neighborhood on 1 acre lots? Ive been told there are hundreds in the area because of Fullerton Woods which is very close to us. I refuse to be afraid to be in my own yard! Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Spike

Thank you!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call a professional................You are NOT allowed to shoot them in your backyard !

They will end up trapping them.

Last edited by Sheridan; 01-06-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.