Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Shotgun Shell Pickup >

Shotgun Shell Pickup

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Shotgun Shell Pickup

Old 12-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Default Shotgun Shell Pickup

Hello,
My friend and I are currently students enrolled in an engineering course at Union Endicott High School in New York. For our class, we are finding and solving a problem. We are trying to find out whether our problem has merit. We feel that picking up shotgun shells is an annoying and tedious task. We plan to create a device that assists in the cleanup of these shells and allows the user to dispose of the shells in whatever method they desire. We would appreciate it if you could take the time to complete the following survey.

Click here to take the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=X6gidPrZQcpyzO_2bhvJv6XA_3d_3d

Thank you,
Nick and Joe
Old 12-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Spike

Default RE: Shotgun Shell Pickup

I just saw something tonight in three sizes for exactly this. It looks like a wire wisk and the cartridges are pushed through the wire as the devise rolls over and holds them inside until dumping.

It was a add in Handloader, shotgun sports I think.

ws
Old 12-08-2008, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Water Swatter

I just saw something tonight in three sizes for exactly this. It looks like a wire wisk and the cartridges are pushed through the wire as the devise rolls over and holds them inside until dumping.

It was a add in Handloader, shotgun sports I think.

ws
If possible could you give us a name of this product?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:09 PM

Well for the cheep shells we shoot at clays(Winchester and Remington) that we get from wally world and Academy, all thats needed is a reach magnet since the "brass" is actually steel.No need to bend your back at all!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Well for the cheep shells we shoot at clays(Winchester and Remington) that we get from wally world and Academy, all thats needed is a reach magnet since the "brass" is actually steel.No need to bend your back at all!
Using a magnet is limited to how big / strong the magnet is. A magnet has limited use when you need to clean up large numbers of shells.