Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 10 Gauge Pet loads! >

10 Gauge Pet loads!

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

10 Gauge Pet loads!

Old 06-28-2005, 05:10 PM

Default RE: 10 Gauge Pet loads!

Do they allow hunters in arizona for waterfowl to use TT Shot? Thanks, IM me if you would like. vangunsmith
Old 06-29-2005, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vangunsmith

Do they allow hunters in arizona for waterfowl to use TT Shot? Thanks, IM me if you would like. vangunsmith
I dont know I actually havent hunted waterfowl here yet, last time I hunted geese was when I was living in Missouri. Id imagine you can I havent seen any restrictions on shot size in any of the regulation books. Also they hunt sandhill crane here pretty big birds 6 foot wing spans you would need some big shot, I think Id favor for atleast T's or TT's if not F.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:24 AM

Just wondered,because hunting the Federal Refuges,as well as the state here,says the largest shot size one can use is T shot. And i just wondered. thanks vangunsmith
Old 02-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Spike

Default 10 ga. Sp 10 wad

Note that the SP 10 WAD is not a steel shot wad! I agree that you should always err on the side of safety. If there is any doubt, don't do it. Ask me how I know!! Some very strange & unexpected things can happen.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

This thread is almost 12 years old.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TN Lone Wolf
This thread is almost 12 years old.
And still contained valuable information! I shot the last of my 10g loads over christmas week while family was in and everybody wanted to shoot the 10g.

-Jake
Old 02-07-2017, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

"And still contained valuable information! I shot the last of my 10g loads over christmas week while family was in and everybody wanted to shoot the 10g."

Any one could have access to the information just by searching the forum with out bringing it back to the top too.
Seems to be the new game by new bees find a old post and bring it to the top. Who can find the oldest?

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 02-07-2017 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

I enjoyed reading it
Old 02-07-2017, 07:14 AM
Spike

Default 10 ga. loads

Old posts??? I really don't know where it came from or when. It just appeared so I replied. I often get links to stuff I wrote when I try to research topics such as shotgun reloading. I am looking for information & don't give a flip about social networking. All information is new if you haven't seen it before. One of the biggest reasons for reloading is to tailor loads to a specific gun or a specific application. 10 ga. data of any vintage, that differs from what the hoi polloi shoots, is extremely rare. Steel & Hevi- shot loads can be found on the Hodgdon's & Alliant web sites & are discussed in detail on "Duck Hunting Chat". IMHO, Hodgdon's Hevi Shot data is very good. It will reach out & touch. Good luck if you are looking for a load for your classic SXS or a load less than thundering magnum proportions that will take advantage of the 10's superior handling qualities and vastly extend it's versatility. You will need it!
Old 02-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vangunsmith
My favorite goose load in my 10ga is a Max load. its 63grs of Blue dot,with 2oz of BB shot,with a Rem 10 piston wad and 209M primers. It will bring them down. vangunsmith
Are you loading lead?

Quick Reply: 10 Gauge Pet loads!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.