Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Archery harvest in Illinois down significantly! >

Archery harvest in Illinois down significantly!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Archery harvest in Illinois down significantly!

Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I like the two buck limit. I set a goal for myself every year and it usually is to shoot the first 115" or 120" buck that comes into range. I have set a standard that if I shoot a buck, I am going to get it Euro mounted. I see no use in having a wall full of 2 and 4 points, just doesn't make sense to shoot those bucks. The second buck tag is saved for one that will do on the wall. This year, I'm looking for a solid 150" but will probably go down to 140". If I don't get it, oh well.

I think with the two buck rule though there should be an antler restriction. 8 point rule on the second buck. Thats just me though...
Old 10-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by whitetailcrazy
Lets break this down easily...

Illinois...
7 days of firearm hunting... (which includes the first 4 days of Muzzleloader Season)
3 additional days of muzzleloader season.

2 Buck limit, no matter in what way they're harvested! Archery, Firearm, Muzzleloader.

Indiana...
14 day firearm season.
16 day muzzleloader season.

1 buck limit, no matter which way it was harvested, archery, firearm or muzzleloader.

Iowa...
14 day firearm season.
17 day muzzleloader season.

Buck limit?? Until quotas are reached per county? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Which is the most destructive, which do you think is the least destructive? I personally think Indiana has the right idea.. 1 buck and your done! Be content with what you harvest mentality! People are just going to pass smaller bucks!
Extremely easy question to answer: The most damage is done by the most firearm days during the month of November, by far the most vulnerable month for bucks.

Score:
Iowa 0
Illinois 3
Indiana 15 (They've always had a 16 day season, not 14)