Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Hunter's View Stands...Anybody used them? >

Hunter's View Stands...Anybody used them?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunter's View Stands...Anybody used them?

Old 03-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunter's View Stands...Anybody used them?

i bought a bunch of clearance 20$ ladder stands. they are o.k. at best. the foot platform strap bars are an inch or 2 too short making the platform lean forward just enough to enoy you. they should make it a little longer with extra adjustment holes. the buddy stand which is like a 2 person stand is nice but heavy as heck. this stand your gonna wanna put up and leave it up for the season. the best cheapoladder stand you can get if you can find them is the strongbuilt basic. nice big standing platform and roomy seat. excellent support bars and cinch straps. they use to be on sale at bass pro for like 69$ but i dont see them anymore.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

I think I paid $40 for one last year for a climber, went up a tree one time to make sure all was good. It seems sturdy and all, but not as much room as I like compared to the Gorilla Grey Back i bought at the same time. Anyone want it for the $40 I paid? Not sure what it would cost to ship, but if you want to pick it up that's fine. I'm in Wisconsin Rapids, stand is at the shack in Tomahawk, but i get up there quite a bit so I could grab it most any weekend.
PM me if interested.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a chain on i just sold. I have 2 of their steel climbers i am trading off. I have their 15' ladder stand and its ok, would buy another if i need it.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

My first climber was and I still use is the HV aluminum climber! Never had a problem and an easy set up in the dark!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used a few of their ladder stands, they seem to be nice and sturdy but as far as comfortable goes i would have to say not so much! Their seats have a hard pad in them and makes it hard to sit for any amount of time,but i am sure their are other seats u can add to them? I will be looking for one myself!
Old 04-15-2007, 03:32 PM

i've used the hunters view climbing stand for a few years now and have not had any problems what so ever.my only complaint wold be that i am a big man and would like a little more room in the seat area but for being rock solid and sturdy its the best i've used to climb. i also have the api grandstand v lock ladder that i leave on my property that i absolutely love.the hunters view that i have (hawk) is a little heavy but again being a large man i feel better knowing it will not break. as with any stand regardless of brand always check it out thoroughly at the beginning of the season and make any fixes it may need.good hunting.shoot straight and ain true.