Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Coppermelt Extreme >

Coppermelt Extreme

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Coppermelt Extreme

Old 03-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Coppermelt Extreme

So many cleaners so little time
Old 03-02-2005, 09:18 AM
bigcountry

So old have you ever used Sweets? Would you say the copper creme would clean out the copper faster than Sweets? It does take me quite some time to get out all the copper with it.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have used Sweets and I dislike it as much as CR10 there can't be a lot of difference. Have only used the regular Montana extreme not the 50bmg or the creme. FOund out that Wipeout is only a copper "INDICATOR" and not a very good cleaner. My Philosophy is if there is that much copper in the bore it has been neglected and never cleaned right or the bore is toooooooooooooo rough. In that case I save a lot of work by using a Foul out 111. I am going to rent mine to someone so they can clean their gun thoroughly before working up loads for this coming Elk Season.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:23 PM

once you cleaned the bore with cr10 couldnt you use say a hoppes powder cleaner though it after you ran a few dry patches through the bore to wipe up the remaining cr10. and once you use the hoppes then oil the bore?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

The 2 rifles I cleaned took about 5 minutes each. The company recommends that you use a cotton patch wrapped around A nylon brush that is small enough to fall through the bore of the gun after doing that I passed the patch back and forth through the bore maybe 7-8 times then ran another patch thruogh with coppermelt on it then 2 dry patches that is it. as far as amounia the company claims there is not any they say they use enzymes. As far as smell I ckleaned my guns in my kitchen and did not notice any offensive odor the only way I could smell it was hold it close to my nose. I dont recommend doing that I hope this helps I plan to use this exclusively. chma
Old 03-02-2005, 07:37 PM
bigcountry

Mybigred, alot of shooters use gumout carb cleaner to get out all the water and residual ammonia. Then promply with some oil. Alot of it too. Then several patches to get out the excess.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Spike

I am in contact with the original owner/Inventor of coppermelt. He has for some reason or other been running undercover.

If anyone has an interest in using coppermelt, I'm sure we can get some bottles out to you. Apparently, the product works like a charm,as i have been told, but production has suffered and supply is almost non existant. I do not know the formula, nor want to, so please be aware of this. i am only a go between for the time being.

pm me, and I will see what I can do for you.

Thanks