Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Problem

Old 06-27-2004, 03:52 PM

Default Problem

Ok my friend is right handed but left eye dominant. The problem is he cant find a left-handed shotgun. His uncle sugested an O/U or SXS but those are pretty expensive for a 12 year old. I was thinkin he should get a bottom ejector but those aren't cheep either. What do you suggest? Thanks!
Old 06-27-2004, 04:12 PM

Default RE: Problem

Remington builds a wrong-handed pump that's fairl inexpensive.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ithica Model 37 is a bottom eject that won't break the bank.

http://ithacagun.com/
Old 06-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why does a 12yr old need a lefty shotgun? I'm a lefty, and some of my favorite guns are right handed. I personally prefer pumps. Some complain about the shells coming out in front of their face....but to tell you the truth in 25+yrs I've never notices a shotgun hull after ejecting.

Just me...but for a 12yr old, I'd look at a single shot H&R 20ga, or maybe a base model pump. Neither would run over $200 (maybe a little for the pump) and they'll serve him well.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:09 PM

I agree with pro line I shoot lesft handed and it's just fine for me. As a matter of fact I dont like left handed guns because I'm use to loading it the other way.
ORIGINAL: Pro-Line

Just me...but for a 12yr old, I'd look at a single shot H&R 20ga, or maybe a base model pump. Neither would run over $200 (maybe a little for the pump) and they'll serve him well.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Same here left handed for 64 years, dont own a left handed gun, dont want one, I have RH bolts, pumps,lever actions, semi shotguns, It would be too easy at this point in my life to get the safety screwed up after shooting for over 55 years one way, The only problem I have ever experienced is when in a duck blind (about every few years) on awindy day might get a little residue from the 1100 when it is ejecting , not really enought to bother me cause I wear glasses. But no other problems with any of the aforementioned arms.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

A field grade Browning BPS might cost twice as much as a Mossberg, and a bit more than a Remington 870 express, but its well worth the cost- you get what you pay for. A new one will only cost about $400 and will last a lifetime, a used one, if you can find one, will probably cost $75 less.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:21 PM

k thanks for the help! I'll tell him what you guys said
Old 06-27-2004, 10:47 PM

Since you say your friend is right handed, he doesn't need a left handed shotgun. He should try to get his right eye to take over. I have used tape or plastic over a small spot on the left lense of my glasses to force my right eye to stay dominant. Even a smear of vaseline or Chapstick can work. It's a lot easier to work on the eye then to learn how to be left handed. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am left eye dom. right handed , I learn to shoot right handed .Put something on your shooting glasses on the left lens over the line of sight , leave both eyes open .This will train your right eye and not afect debth of feild , soon you will not need it . But it will take pratice . I used a piece of opaque tape 1/2" square, there is or was a product sold for target shooters.

Quick Reply: Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.