Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 aftermarket cantilever slug gun mount >

aftermarket cantilever slug gun mount

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

aftermarket cantilever slug gun mount

Old 08-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default aftermarket cantilever slug gun mount

does anyone know a gunsmithing place that puts on cantilever mounts. I need a mount for my benelli m1 20ga. I don' t want to drill and tap the receiver cause I use the gun for bird hunting. I don' t like rifle sights so I need some kind of scope setup. Don' t like b-square saddle mounts either.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:10 AM

Default RE: aftermarket cantilever slug gun mount

http://www.grafs.com sells two differn' t cantilever mounts. I belive one fits by attaching to your shotgun rib and the other attaches to both the rib and the top of your reciver. I know B-Square makes one cantilever mount and I can' t remember the other company that makes them. I think you can also find them at http://www.natchezss.com Good luck.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe you might think about drill and tap,with leupold quick release bases.You can take the scope off and put it back on when you need
Old 08-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

since it is a slug barrel there is no vent rib for that style of cantilever to fit on.

are you suggesting drilling and tapping the receiver or the barrel? I don' t want the receiver drilled, don' t want to be taking the scope on and off all the time. If i drilled the barrel i would have to have a base/mount that would fit on the tapered barrel, otherwise my scope would be setting on the barrel angeled down.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:22 AM

I don' t think a drilled and tapped shotgun receiver would yield accurate slug groups. The barrel still moves independently, if ever so slightly. Others may have done this and may prove me wrong, but this is my perception. I don' t know if they make them for your gun, but I would look at getting an aftermarket rifled cantilever mount barrel, like a Hastings.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

hastings does not make any barrels for benelli' s
Old 08-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

WITH YOUR TIME AND EFFORT, AND THE PRICE OF THE CANTILEVER MOUNT, THE LABOR THE GUNSMITH WILL CHARGE YOU JUST MIGHT BE SPENDING SAME AMOUNT AS YOU WOULD A NEW GUN. LOOK INTO THE MOSSBERG 500 WITH A RIFLED/CANTLEVER BARREL, YOU BE SURPRISED AT HOW GOOD THEY SHOT AND NOT EXPENSIVE AS SOME MAY THINK. JUST GIVEN YOU ANOTHER CHOICE, GOOD LUCK
Old 08-07-2003, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

outdoorsman, I was talking about the receiver,The scope pops on and off with the twist of 2 levers one for each ring, scope goes back on in same exact position in less than 5 sec.Seems to me it is more of a hassle to change barrels.Best suggetion is have one gun for birds and small game one for slugs and big game
Old 08-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

I do have a promary gun and back up gun for each species of game i hunt. I have an 870 FRSM and a ER Shaw barrel for my benelli sbe and a muzzleloader. I was just trying to setup my 20 ga for my girlfriend.