Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Since when did Remington put the X-Mark >

Since when did Remington put the X-Mark

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Since when did Remington put the X-Mark

Old 05-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Since when did Remington put the X-Mark

pro trigger on a SPS. Went into the gunshop around the corner and found one on the rack. The gun is blued with an SPS stock..has a little more luster on the bluing then a regular 700 SPS and has a SS X-Mark Pro trigger. The action is extremely smooth and the looking at the back of the bolt lugs they appear to have very even wear. It's chambered in 308.. I guess Remington might have run out of standard trigger assemblies and fitted a run of SPS rifles with these. The price is 525 and he usually is more then competitive on his prices.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Since when did Remington put the X-Mark

Daaaaaaaaaaaang, thats a heckuva find! You found a Remington with real blueing??????Better snatch it up! hahahaha
Old 05-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Daaaaaaaaaaaang, thats a heckuva find! You found a Remington with real blueing??????Better snatch it up! hahahaha

Yea I was surprised as well. But Nah will pass on it...I won't be happy with it, it will be sent off to a gunsmith to get anice barrel on it and a new stock and then I'll sell it for a loss when I am not happy with the end product.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

OEH from what I have read about the x-marks it appears Remington has done Timney and the other aftermarket trigger companies a huge favor. I guess they ruined one of the last desirable characterisitcs of their new guns. Have you tried one yet? I havent and may be off base here but they arent really adjustable to anything but poundage now.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

OEH from what I have read about the x-marks it appears Remington has done Timney and the other aftermarket trigger companies a huge favor. I guess they ruined one of the last desirable characterisitcs of their new guns. Have you tried one yet? I havent and may be off base here but they arent really adjustable to anything but poundage now.

Lot of ways to look at this "improvement" . The design is open which will allow more crap to not get trapped in the mechanism. The ones I have squeezed have been sweet and just the right poundage. This rifle has an exceptional trigger. SOme people love them and some hate them. I have put a number of Timney triggers on a few different rifles and the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was searching for a new 700 a few weeks ago I wanted the X-Mark trigger but could not find one in the caliber and stock configuration I wanted. My gunsmith told me to find what I wanted with the "old" trigger and he wouldadjust it for $25. After his adjustments the old trigger feels much better than the X-Mark trigger. It was the best $25 I have ever spent on a rifle.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:36 PM

Just bought my first not a month ago, on an SPS, 4 pounds and crisp outta the box and adjusted easily to 1 3/4 pounds, and still crisp.

One of the nicest triggers I've had the pleasure to trip.............
Old 05-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just bought my first not a month ago, on an SPS, 4 pounds and crisp outta the box and adjusted easily to 1 3/4 pounds, and still crisp.

One of the nicest triggers I've had the pleasure to trip.............
Do you think it is a better trigger mechanically?
Old 05-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well lets hope I was wrong on them. If they turned out good that would be a good thing. Them old Rem triggers always turned out pretty nice for me though. I guess thats what I get for taking the Saluki route for once and just reading about it as opposed to actually using one
Old 05-29-2008, 05:52 PM

I truely have never been displeased with a tuned Remington trigger since my first in the mid 80's.....That very same trigger is on the 30-06 I just completed, and STILL set on the 2 pounds it was back then. The .270 Win barrel it came with went from 1/4 MOA to 1 1/2 MOA if that tells you anything about how many trips it made, (pun there probably).

Have heard a bunch of the opposite over the years and would no doubt believe Remington put out a run of lemons now and again, same as barrels, butI've personally neverbought any Remmy Goods that wouldn't scratch an itch, new or used.

I have tho' bought a couple of junkers, new,off the Ford lots, and know diehard Ford Men who've never had a problem.

The X Mark I have, an example of only one, was indeeda pleasant surprise.........