Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Hi-Point pistols >

Hi-Point pistols

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hi-Point pistols

Old 04-29-2007, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hi-Point pistols

Anybody know anything about these guns.I happened to see one in 45 cal. The price was definately right just wondering if the old addage is true you get what you pay for. At the same time I was told they come w/ lifetime warranty and cust service I've heard is second to none. Any input greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hi-Point pistols

I have a Hi Point 9mm carbine and it is by far the most reliable gun I own. I have put thousands of rounds through it witout any malfunctions whatsoever. Accuracy is very good as well. I personally do not have any experience with their pistols but have heard good things about them. I'm sure you'll get a lot of posts telling you that they suck just because they're inexspensive. But believe me, they work very well.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:34 AM

I bought one of their pistols in .40 cal,about 5 years ago,put maybe less than 200 rounds thru and never had any problems with it,but sold to pay a debt I had. Also had one of their 9mm rifles,never had a malfunction. I have no info on the customer service. They are simple firearms and would not hesitate to buy another pistol.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My friend has the 9mm carbine that they make, and it is the best gun he has. I think that they would be WELL worth the little bit of money you spend on it.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

For what a Hi-Point costs, the little bit more will get you a Ruger and a much better firearm. I've tried one and it seemed very clunky. It functioned but the overall feel didn't seem very much of a quality pistol.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:41 AM

From what I hear the carbines for the money work pretty well. However the pistols not so much. I have a co worker that has one in 9mm though (pistol). He said he shoots it quite a bit and hasn't had any trouble with it. I mean you normally get what you pay for, and these things are pretty cheap, must be a reason for it.

I might get one to plink with, but I don't think I would get one to protect my or my family's life with.

Paul