Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 howa rifles? >

howa rifles?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

howa rifles?

Old 08-20-2006, 11:27 PM

Default howa rifles?

I was thinking about buying a lighting 22-250 or 204 for yotes what is every ones oppion on um?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:39 AM

Default RE: howa rifles?

A friend of mine that thoroughly abuses his gear bought a Lightning 1500 Stainless/Synthetic in 243 about 4 years ago. Put about a thousand shot throughit so far with no probs. On that I got one in 308 and just added another in 243. Love them.
http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=1630439
Old 08-21-2006, 12:34 PM

I own a Weatherby Vangaurd in 300 WBY Mag. and it is my understanding the rifles are actually made by Howa and sold under the Weatherby brand name. I have been extremely pleased with this very well made rifle and would highly recommend anything produced by Howa.

Caldoc
Old 08-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

I own a Weatherby Vangaurd in 300 WBY Mag. and it is my understanding the rifles are actually made by Howa and sold under the Weatherby brand name. I have been extremely pleased with this very well made rifle and would highly recommend anything produced by Howa.
From what I've been told, the actions on the Howa and Weatherby rifles are the same, but the barrel, trigger and stocks are what makes the two different. The Howa rifles I've seen have been nice looking rifles and shot well for the owners.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 6.5x.284 built on a howa action ,it seems to be as good as any that I have ever shot.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

From what I've been told, the actions on the Howa and Weatherby rifles are the same, but the barrel, trigger and stocks are what makes the two different. The Howa rifles I've seen have been nice looking rifles and shot well for the owners.
From what I have seen,except for the sub moa vanguard,the barreled actions including triggers are the same on both rifles.The synthetic stocks also looked the same with some vanguards having a fancier wooden stock.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:58 AM

Howa has produced the actions for Weatherby Vanguards since the early 1970’s. Howa has made several rifles for other companies as well, including Smith and Wesson. Legacy Sports International started importing barreled Howa actions into the US and placing them into Boyd’s stocks and selling them, they started using the Howa name. I am not sure but several reviews have noted differences in the available barrel length and contour between Howa’s and Vanguards, maybe Howa makes both barrels but to slightly different specs. I know Weatherby sets quality control for the rifles Howa makes for them, not sure what control measures Howa imposes on their own namesake. While similar in build I am not sure they are the exact same beast.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:11 PM

OK thanks, I am deffinatly going to buy one
Old 08-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think you will be disapointed. I've owned a Howa in a bell & carlson stock for the better part of 20 years. I had trigger work and had the action bedded a year or so after I got it. I own a number of guns including a sako in 7mm 08 (one heck of a gun) the gun that will be the last one that I'll eversell is the howa, if I point it at a critter and pull the trigger what ever I'm shooting at dies. It fits me and the best groups I ever shot with it was 1/4" at 100 yds with believe it or not 180 gr round nose speer bullets.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: rjhans53
It fits me and the best groups I ever shot with it was 1/4" at 100 yds with believe it or not 180 gr round nose speer bullets.
WOW!!!!

Quick Reply: howa rifles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.