Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
beginner in need of info >

beginner in need of info

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

beginner in need of info

Old 08-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Spike

Default beginner in need of info

So im new to this crossbow thing I shot my uncles and really liked it so im going to put down the bowtech down this year and give a crossbow a try. So my question is why do I heard no much negative things about Barnett and also Im going to buy myself one but im going to only spend $400 don't want to dump anymore than that in case I don't get really into it so with that all being said quite a few people have told me at that price point take a look at the Centerpoint Sniper 370 and the Pse Fang thoughts opinions??
Old 08-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

For quite awhile barnnett offered low to mid range xbows---Now the modern hunters want bigger and better which means more $ For the money Barnett xbows are worth every penny---I have a Quad 400 about 5 or 6 years old still works wonderful shoots straight and fast Paid $325.00 for it I do not owe this xbow anything Yes you can pay $2,000.00 now for xbow but does it make a deer anymore dead ???
Old 08-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know of anything BAD about Barrnet X bow's>
there a maker like so many others, and everyone has there opinion on what feature's they like better
I think most complaints will be small, like a 1/2 lb heavier or a few ft per sec faster or slower than"X" other brand

personally if I was going to buy a X bow, I would do the home work on what are the best feature "I LIKE" and buy one that has them, BUY once cry once !

you shot your uncles and you got the basic's of them??
differences in X bows today, that MIGHT make things more enjoyable or NOT, is width of them, both cocked and not, and speed?
faster tends to shoot flatter, so less drop if your RANGE GUESS is off a little!
the reverse X bows, sure seem to balance better to me when I hold them and shoot them!
but there NOT for everyone, thus why so many makes and models
does anyone need a 2k X bow?/
NO< but sadly thats what the top shelf one's go, its been a marketing masterpiece , how they got this stuff to pull these prices IMO

but there are difference's in 300 dollar X bows and 2,000.00 dollar one's

they will ALL kill a deer in there range and when the bolt/braodhead is placed in the right spot
some are just able to shoot flatter, and are more user friendly to hold and handle, them, some are a few lbs to OZ lighter or heavier
fit and finish, and how easy the cock or not, are the most common variable's??
Old 08-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

I chose Excalibur crossbow (Ibex) back in 2010 when I was looking at getting a Xbow. The main reason for me was unloading after the hunt. I didn't want to carry a target with me or shoot at a stump, etc. not to mention they are simple and deadly accurate and don't require a bow press to change the string if needed.

They have improved some too since back then, worth a look!!
Old 08-03-2017, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

only flaw I have with Excalburs is there a very wide X bow, other wise a very solid bow for sure!