Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Beware of Barnett Predator >

Beware of Barnett Predator

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Beware of Barnett Predator

Old 09-25-2008, 08:47 PM

Default Beware of Barnett Predator

I bought one about a month and half back and earlier this week everything went to hell. First the scope became blurry, then my groups got further and further apart with field points, then 1 arrow with a broadhead completely missed the target, and today several strands on the cable broke. So I called Bass Pro and they said they would swap it out but not with a predator because they received an email from their corporate office to take them off the shelves because of excessive malfunctions. So now i have an excaliber pheonix. I have faith that it will be a better experiance.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Beware of Barnett Predator

It definitely will be.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

You dont need faith because it will be better by far without a doubt...
Old 09-26-2008, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excal ? what is this world coming to ! [][:-]why would anyone buy a recurve CB. you made a mistake you just invested into a great company. it maynot be the fastest around but its a solid performer. it was meant to be shot day in and day out. now lay your self down head back and relax as you may have become infected with the Excal virus!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:30 AM

Ditto to what Smokepolehall says. My Phoenix is fast enough for me without killing me cocking it. It is more accurate than most of my hunting buddies who use compound crossbows, too. What good is speed if it ain't gonna hit where you want it to hit? Plus I don't have to run to a pro shop to change strings or worry about replacing cables down the road either. But I'm not gonna totally knock compound crossbow as there are a couple out there that are highly accurate but most of them are too pricey for my limited retirement check.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forget the Barnett. You now shoot the sweetest bow out there and it is a killing machine! Get yourself a couple of boo strings and you will never have to go see the bow monkies again. I dry fired my Pheonix and cracked a limband had NEW limbs in my hands in a couple of days at a cost of ZERO. They did take at least five minutes to install though. Have Fun!