Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Horton legacy or excaliber exocet >

Horton legacy or excaliber exocet

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton legacy or excaliber exocet

Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horton legacy or excaliber exocet

Bass Pro or Cabelas will take back anything, get a Phoenix, but bhss is cheaper than bass pro. See what xbow life is like w/ no problems, lol.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:19 AM

Just figured I would mention something about bhss. I had to return something yesterday and was unaware that while they do take returns, they only issue store credit. It might say that somewhere in the fine print, but of course you never read that stuff. What I was returning was only $30 worth, but if I had bought a crossbow from them for $500 and couldnt get my money back I would have been extremely upset.They do have great prices though.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well its a free country and every one has a right to an opinion; so heres mine I have a 10 point and a excal exocet both have been reliable with excellant accuracy,two of my friends have Hortons one has had no problems the other has a brand new one and has had nothing but problems.
There for I would say make a choice between Excaliber and 10 point to avoid problems, the new Hortons seem to have more than their share; they may work it out but when and who knows if they are making any progress? Lee
Old 08-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll tell ya ain't no reason fer Horton to have all these bugs in a simple recurve CB! All the R & D they did [&o]not! They have decent compound CB's on their upper models. If'en i were wanting one of them compound CB's and had abit of money. I would get the top Parker model.[][:-][8D]