Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Legacy??

Old 07-15-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Horton Legacy??

I couldnt get the search to work so if this has already posted sorry. Has anyone shot the new Horton recurve Legacy yet. I looked at one last night and really liked it, but if I am not misatken it is a new product. It was really comfortable to be even with its size from being a recurve. Having a hard time dedicating myself to 700 big ones. I can get a pheonix for less. Any input??????Sorry if this has been posted already.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:48 AM

Default RE: Horton Legacy??

I do not think any one on here has bought one yet. At least I do not remember hearing about it. You could get the Phoenix and the goodies from www.bowhunterssuperstore.com for alot less. That is where I got my Vortex for a 100 bucks less than cabelas. Are you just looking to use the open sights or going with a scope?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

I do not think any one on here has bought one yet. At least I do not remember hearing about it. You could get the Phoenix and the goodies from www.bowhunterssuperstore.com for alot less. That is where I got my Vortex for a 100 bucks less than cabelas. Are you just looking to use the open sights or going with a scope?
yep...$499.95 at bowhunterssuperstore for a Phoenix package, thats about as good as it gets' considering it includes already mounted...varizone scope, quiver and 4 arrows to get you started .

plus...it evenhas free shipping
Old 07-15-2007, 12:53 PM

The only thing you will need that does not come with it is a stringing aid! I did not realize it did not come with one and I am not able to string mine with out one. It is under twenty bucks but well worth it. I about chucked my vortex out the front window when I could not get my string on and did not have the aid. You can do it with out the aid, but it is a technique that I have yet to figure out!!![&:]
Old 07-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remember Jason....Even with the stringing aid I still busted a gut trying to do it for the 1st time ........
Old 07-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ranger, slide that plastic tube outta the way and use your rope cocker along w/ the stringing aid to adj brace height or change strings.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:56 PM

Definantly want the scope. I looked at the Pheonix and liked it as well. I just was not sure if the Legacy was worth 200 bucks more. Bow hunters Superstore has some good prices on stuff compared to say Cabelas or Bass Pro...I would think with the Legacy being a new product I should expect some issues with it. I have been leaning on the Pheonix for some time and have looked at a bunch and had is narrowedit down to the Pheonix....Everyone on here seems to like it. Even the Horton fans
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Horton fans?

i resemble that

i have owned numerous Hortons including my 07' HUNTER HD175 and far as i am concerned i will never own another brand, but that doesn't mean others aren't great xbows too.

the Phoenix is a sweet xbow if ya dont mind the width, i just couldn'tcome to termswith.

one time getting ithung upbetween the screen door and the main door and i was done!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:10 PM

The Hortons are more comfortable to me. I dont know why but the way they are set up just feels good. The ten-point is really comfortable as well and from what I have read a really good bow. Descisions, descisions. I betyall get asked this all the time. I did find 47,965.03 posts on which bow to buy, but nothing on Legacy. I am working offshore for 2 more weeks but I am stopping and looking at them when I get in from the airport at the Bass pro in Memphis. Thanks
for all the input. The more I can find out now the better choise I can make when I am holding them in my hands again....
Old 07-15-2007, 11:32 PM

I own the Phoenix. Its a great bow. Being as its my first xbowI don't really have alot of input on the others. I did purchase a Horton (not the recurve) from Cabela's and it arrived with a bad string. So, I sent it back and got the Phoenix. I'm glad I did because I've really enjoyed this x-bow.

Quick Reply: Horton Legacy??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.