Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker? >

Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

Old 11-23-2004, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

to use tracking led lights, the combination is red and white. the ones used for tracking have 3 white led's and 1 red one. they are set about 3 inches from each other in a square pattern. it supposedly makes the blood 'blink'. i tried a blue one - don't waste your money. blue is good for looking into water. if i ever get a deer this year i'm going to try my white led flashlight with my red led headlight and see if it works.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Blue light or Blue Blood Tracker?

I have used (unsuccessfully) Starlight Bloodhound. The stuff comes in a bottle similar in size to a jug of Windex. It should come in a 55 gallon drum, because that's how much you'll need.

I carry one of those rectangle-shaped disposable flashlights that firefighters use. You can pick em up for 2.29 at WalMart (light, bright, durable). I also bought an LED head light made by Energizer - the best $13 investment I've made in a while. (runs on three AAA batteries for about 60 hours)

For more involved tracking jobs (gutshots, etc.) A rechargeable spotlight works great, but I'd wait till morning. Nothing illuminates quite like mother nature.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:38 AM
Spike

Default Blue blood tracker

Originally Posted by lou-lou2
My expierences have taught me that blue light may make blood shine and green light makes blood look like tar, but nothing beats the old fashion latern, or regular flashlight not a LED one, it's kind of unatural for me when the sun is yellow and a led light is white to look for blood, back a few years ago my cop buddy brought some of this type of spray they use in detective work to find blood on a track job, if you made a questionable hit on a deer your going to need gallons of the stuff to find blood , you have to spray everthing in sight. Does it work, sure it does but it can get real expensive real quick, especially if you don't find the deer. It makes the blood turn blue, depending on what type you use. My opinion, use a regular latern or flashlight.
It does not take a lot if you lose the blood trail you mist it in an ark it will help you locate the minute Blood drops it's to help you track the direction that you're wounded game went in. Then you should be able to track it when you pick back up the blood trail. There is nothing on the market that is truly fail safe. This was developed by a forensic chemist. He developed it for the blue color because he's color blind. It does work I have used it myself.