Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trigger adjustment >

Trigger adjustment

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trigger adjustment

Old 05-22-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Trigger adjustment

I have a Scott Caliper release. I have to pull the trigger about a cm until it goes off. I know that you can adjust it but haven't found how. I can unscrew the trigger screw but it just falls out, it gets so loose. I want it to where I touch it slightly it goes off. How do I do this?
Old 05-22-2004, 11:15 PM

Default RE: Trigger adjustment

Unless that release has a new type of sear and cam, when the release cams are under the pressure of a fully drawn bow, you do not get a trigger-pull as you would on a firearm. Regardless of how the cam/caliper is designed, I do not recommend trying to pull the trigger as you do on a firearm.

I determined a long time ago, that trying to pull the trigger on a finger release as I would on a firearm put to much tension in my hand and I had to concentrate on the pull to get the damn thing to go off. BAD! A release should almost surprise you when it releases the string.

My releases are set so that I can wrap the tip of my shooting finger over the trigger, but not get a pre-release. When my pin is on, I apply a bit of back tension and the release will fire. Although I know what is about to happen, this back tension method still causes a bit of surprise when the string releases.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

You don't unscrew it to get a shorter trigger pull you screw it in farther. As you screw it in it will push against the back side of the caliper and push your trigger back farther so you don't have to pull it as far to get it to fire.

Don't set it too light though cause you could end up shooting prematurely and shooting right over a deer.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:52 PM
Fork Horn

Zak, you want to screw the little set screw in further, to reduce the travel in the trigger, this should get you where you want to go.

Gordon