Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reflex Grizzly

Old 08-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Spike

Default Reflex Grizzly

I own and love one of the discontinued Hoyt-built Reflex bows,the Grizzly.Does anyone know where i might could locate any manuals/docs for it?Thanks in advance
Old 08-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which year Griz is it? Hoyt has manuals from 2002 and up. http://hoyt.com/support/manuals The earlier year ones are "general" compound manuals for their bow lines. What information is it you are trying to get? Maybe I or someone here will have the answer.

Last edited by super_hunt54; 08-29-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Which year Griz is it? Hoyt has manuals from 2002 and up. http://hoyt.com/support/manuals The earlier year ones are "general" compound manuals for their bow lines. What information is it you are trying to get? Maybe I or someone here will have the answer.
Thanks for the reply.I'm not sure on the year.It looks like it just came out of the box but we know that's not the case lol.I was asking for two reasons actually.One was just for the curiosity i guess to have the owner's manual or anything that may have came with them.The second is the biggest reason,but it wouldn't have to be the grizzly.That would be-on that cam and a half system do you have to have the bow in a press to change the draw length?
Old 08-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope no need for a bow press. If it has the module in it, which every cam and a half made after 2002 has I think, then all you have to do is loosen up a couple allen screws located on the module (little dohicky on the bottom cam with letters a-d on it) and adjust them to what letter you need then retighten the allen screws. Each letter represents half inch adjustment.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Spike

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Nope no need for a bow press. If it has the module in it, which every cam and a half made after 2002 has I think, then all you have to do is loosen up a couple allen screws located on the module (little dohicky on the bottom cam with letters a-d on it) and adjust them to what letter you need then retighten the allen screws. Each letter represents half inch adjustment.
Thanks alot super!I thought so,but wanted to make sure.By the way,love that avatar lol.Looks like something that would happen to me.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You MIGHT need a bow press, sometimes where you want to move things is under the limb! Depends on the cam, I don't recall exactly how that one works (and I have one in the house!), if you loosen the screw (not remove it) and rotate the module, you should be all set, if you have to remove the screw and reposition it, then you MIGHT need a press. I have one of each style and don't remember which is which.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
You MIGHT need a bow press, sometimes where you want to move things is under the limb! Depends on the cam, I don't recall exactly how that one works (and I have one in the house!), if you loosen the screw (not remove it) and rotate the module, you should be all set, if you have to remove the screw and reposition it, then you MIGHT need a press. I have one of each style and don't remember which is which.
Yep it was close!One of the screws was directly behind the limb but i was able to put just enough slack in cable by pushing the cable in a tad to get it without press.It was very close but got it lol.Thanks for the replies and help guys.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad ya got it figured out. Didn't think it would be too difficult. Lot of today's bows have went to module adjustment for draw length. Now if only they would make them with 1/4 inch adjustments I wouldn't have to do all my little tricks to get my perfect draw length with release where it's the most solid for me.