Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

custom grip

Old 08-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default custom grip

I had an idea of trying to put a custom grip on my bow by using
your hand as an impression . Then i came across this product called my grip. it is from a company Fastcap of which i have used several of their products and have always been impressed with. especially
their glue 2p 10. anyway what do you think about using it to customize your bow grip ? or other applications for hunting?
They show it on a bow and on hand grips for guns.
watch the mygrip 101 video and tell me what you think

http://www.fastcap.com/my-grip-speed-grip.aspx
Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

That actually looks really nice, looks like it would wok really well.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I probably wouldn't use in on a bow grip but it would be great on hand guns, fishing rods, etc...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I probably wouldn't use in on a bow grip but it would be great on hand guns, fishing rods, etc...
Yeah. You shouldn't be gripping your bow. You just need a grip that has a comfortable angle and throat width.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great for a hammer! But not for a bow. First of all my fingers never touch my riser. I want as little contact between riser and hand. The first thing I take off a bow is the grip, unless it's real small. I have one on one of my hunting bows. Best thing I've found is tennis racked wrap or like in this picture Rawlings base ball bat grips. I use one wind on the riser.

One of my target bows I built. It's a Custom Shooting System. Balance by Jim Postem. HTM scope