Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FMJ's or ACC's?

Old 12-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default FMJ's or ACC's?

I have an arrow question guys. I'm gonna be getting some new arrows for after this season, and I'm stuck between these two. I really like the idea of having carbon and aluminum both in one arrow. There are a couple possible pro's and con's that come to mind with bow arrows, but I'd like to see what you guys have to say about each of these arrows before I pick some up.
Thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FMJ's or ACC's?

Nothing bad to say about my FMJ's. Pretty tough and hit like a Mack truck. I would definitely suggest them.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:11 PM

I think the biggest difference is probably the weight you want. FMJ's are going to weigh more than the ACC's. Other than that, you can't go wrong with either arrow.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:29 PM

A/C/C's are built to a higher straightness tolerance than the FMJ's. FMJ's are a heavier shaft (grain per inch). A/C/C's are quieter across most rest that I've found. FMJ's pull from a 3D target easier. Personally though, the big kicker for me is that I hate the FMJ diamond plate finish! A/C/C's for me. One thing to be careful of with both, if you're making the switch from pure carbon, is that they can be bent. Check them now and again.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

I think the biggest difference is probably the weight you want. FMJ's are going to weigh more than the ACC's. Other than that, you can't go wrong with either arrow.
This sums it all up. I shoot Acc's for the speed, my buddy shoots FMJ and he loves them, they are thinner than the Acc's too.

I invented a BH design once andwas called into NAP to speak withan engineer about it (the BH design did not get picked up by them). Anyway, he went on and on of the advantages of having aluminum/carbon hybrid arrows. He saidmost people know theyare straighter but he said they didtests on them and found that the carbon/aluminum acts as a damper that actually reduces vibration in the shaft in flight which improves actual penetration significantly which makes your bow more efficient. It was all over my head but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM

I like my FMJs. I hated the diamond plate as well Kodiak, but the Camo Diamond Plate is sick.[8D]
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

A/C/C's ...I have had such gr8 success with these arrows that I am impressed to say the least. I have never damaged one of these either..they kill animals and go right back into my quiver. I had a carbon arrow explode on me 3 yeras ago and I made the switch as I wanted safety. A/C/C does it all.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe Easton discontinued the AC Super Slim but if you can find some those are a really good arrow and imo best of both worlds..
But with that being said I would go with the FMJ myself for two main reasons.. One they weigh a bitmore (if it's going to be your new hunting arrow) and two they use hidden inserts which I really like..

But you really can't go wrong either way.. So don't stress on it too much..
Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the responses guys. But I'm going with the ACC's, and getting a hell of a deal on them, thanks to a member here