Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Uneaten apples?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Spike

Default Uneaten apples?

Hey, i was out scouting a new piece of land on saturday and found a small cluster of apple trees just loaded with apples. The weird thing was, there were apples all over the ground. Why are they not being eaten? The acorn crop is pretty good this year, and there is a clover field and several corn fields nearby, but you,d still think the deer would take time for a few apples. Any ideas?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Uneaten apples?

deer genrally don't eat all the apples on the ground. last sunday i was hunting at an apple tree and there were hundreds of apples on the ground, some full some half eaten. i ended up seeing over 20 deer, at least 10 of the deer came over and started eating a few apples on the ground then after a while left. I'd say even if there are alot of apples on the ground at least set up a trail cam near it if not just hunt near the trees.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

All apples are not the same as well.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer will only certain apples and only for a period of time. They are done eating apples now. In total this year I put close to 250 galons of apples out. The last batch was put out 2 weeks ago and they never touched them on any of the sites.