Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cabela's Classic Comment On Bow Hunters >

Cabela's Classic Comment On Bow Hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabela's Classic Comment On Bow Hunters

Old 07-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cabela's Classic Comment On Bow Hunters

Last night on the outdoor channel there was a guy who went on a guided hunt in Idaho. He talked about his guide (who was from PA and bought a guide service in Idaho) and how he didn't think it would be good since he had not been in Idaho that long. Over the course of a few conversations, he learned that the guide had been a bow hunter for a long time. He made the comment that bow hunters are different. They work hard prepping for their hunts and do everything possible to limit errors. He went onto talk about how professional and ethical they are in their hunts.

When I saw this guy say that, my first thought was "that must be why I enjoy the forum".

I just want to say thanks for letting me hang out and for the friendship.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabela's Classic Comment On Bow Hunters

In my trips I have learned that if there will be other bow hunters in camp, then they are generally good people who have their priorities straight.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 AM

I agree. I love to gun hunt aswell but I also believe that bow hunters are a special people. In some aspects from my experience we are a very close nit family and ya knowwe have some differences but we all strive to be the best we can be for the game we hunt. I really enjoy this web site for everything we can gain from it and the comroddery (spelling).
Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well .....I enjoy the animals more than anything, learning from them never seems to end and I have put many of whitetail in the freezer, so these days I tend to spend more time trying to figure them out than killing them (this is my lifestyle). I think this site is a good place to share ideas and opinions, I also feel that it's a good way to learn more about these animals and how they respond in different regions....Kudo to HNI...
Old 07-16-2008, 05:28 PM

I joined this forum to gain information about bowhunting as I was a tatal noob. I really learned a lot in a short time and armed with advice and some newly gleened iinformation I jumped in with both feet and haven't regreted it yet. But I've also met some really nice caring people here so I appreciate you all letting me hang around.

AF your observation about that mans comments on bowhunters made me think. I have been hunting all my life but this will be my first year with a bow. I find myself already thinking about my hunting in a different way. I find myself paying much more attention to smaller details. I'm really excited about this coming season. For me it's like being a kid again. And even if I never see or shoot a deer I just gained 30 extra days in the woods.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:46 PM

That's a wonderful way to look at it Belushi...I wish new bowhunters felt the same way. Glad to have on.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree with that about most bowhunters, AND most gun hunters.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with that to some degree, it won't be 100% until someone quits stealing my treestands and trail cameras....![:@]

All in all, sportsman are good people