Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Please be careful >

Please be careful

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please be careful

Old 04-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Please be careful

How in the hell this happens is beyond me ,but here in PA it happens all to often. Every year people are shot after being mistaken for turkeys. This mans life is in ruins over a very foolish moment of carelessness.

BELLE PLAINE, Minn.— The Sibley County Sheriff says that a man who accidentally shot and killed his 9-year-old son while they were hunting apparently mistook the boy for a turkey.[/b]
Sheriff Bruce Ponath says that Anthony Klaseus of Belle Plaine and his son Hunter were hunting turkey about three miles west of Belle Plaine around 6:30 p.m. Saturday when Klaseus shot his son in the chest with a 12 gauge shotgun.
Klaseus dialed 911 on his cell phone. Emergency responders pronounced the boy dead at the scene.
"He was absolutely panicked. That would be an understatement," Ponath said. "Very distraught."
Ponath said the shooting was an accident but that his department is continuing to investigate the circumstances.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Please becarful

I'm gonna ask the very obvious question.........

Why in the hell is a 9yr old boy even far enough away from his fathers direct supervision to be "accidentally" shot?[:@]

Old 04-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you notice the time?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:06 PM

When I was young I shot over a rabbit and didnt see my dog i hit her with some pellets she lived till she was 15 but I learned very important lesson about how that thing in your hands can take life in a split second.That is so very sad how must the father feel my god.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iwork with a guy who was shot in the shoulder and side of his head15 years ago. He lost one eye and still has 27 pellets in his head. He says it felt like a 2 X 10 hit up alongside his head when he got shot.

He speaks at hunter safety classes and really gets the kids attention, when he shows them the x-ray with the pellets on it. And then he takes out his glass eye, just for the added effect of shock.

I do not understand how anyone can ever make that mistake. What in the hell are they looking at????
Old 04-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Too many bad ingredients in that recipe. I agree with Matt/PA.

What a shame.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Bartender

I am speechless, sorry.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

How does one mistake a person for a turkey?!?!?! Are they wearing turkey outfits? I don't get it!! And if you are leaving your partner tell him![&:][:@][:@][:@]
Old 04-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just dont understand. Thats all I am going to say about this.[:@]
Old 04-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

It simply dont make sence how or why this should ever happen. I know that it was an accident but theres only one person to blame here....

Quick Reply: Please be careful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.