Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 yet another "figure it out" thread >

yet another "figure it out" thread

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

yet another "figure it out" thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: yet another "figure it out" thread

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

Ok If they are symmetrical I would measure how high the 3 gallon goes on the 5 gallon and make a mark leaving 3 gallons below the mark and 2 gallons above the mark. Then I would place then 3 gallon on the line a mark where the top of the 5 gallon is on the 3 gallon then i would ill up the 3 gallon up to the line twice and dump it in the 5 gallon. And presto! 4 gallons*Note this only works if they are both as deep and as wide.* what do i win?
Nothing, you don't have a marker, a rock, a stick, an anything. I didn't tell you, you can't mark anything. Now back to the well you go.

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I would fill the the 3 gallon jug, then fill the 5 gallon jug half full. I would proceed to drink the contents of the five gallon jug and wait 15 minutes. When I could no longer hold the 2 and 1/2 gallons in my bladder I would release it but stop it before exit. Knowing my anatomy that would be exactly one gallon. Pour the three in the five and add the one, problem solved.
I didn't tell you if you returned with yellow water you would also be put to death. Death by (follow) over-hydration in your case.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

It's simple... fill the 5 gallon up and pour it into the 3 gal.then pour the 3 gal back inton the 5 gal. subtract the 3 gal.add the 5 gal back to what you just subtracted. pour them back into each other again. then subtract both and add both together.. I mean come on guys its simple math.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

Ok If they are symmetrical I would measure how high the 3 gallon goes on the 5 gallon and make a mark leaving 3 gallons below the mark and 2 gallons above the mark. Then I would place then 3 gallon on the line a mark where the top of the 5 gallon is on the 3 gallon then i would ill up the 3 gallon up to the line twice and dump it in the 5 gallon. And presto! 4 gallons*Note this only works if they are both as deep and as wide.* what do i win?
Nothing, you don't have a marker, a rock, a stick, an anything. I didn't tell you, you can't mark anything. Now back to the well you go.

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I would fill the the 3 gallon jug, then fill the 5 gallon jug half full. I would proceed to drink the contents of the five gallon jug and wait 15 minutes. When I could no longer hold the 2 and 1/2 gallons in my bladder I would release it but stop it before exit. Knowing my anatomy that would be exactly one gallon. Pour the three in the five and add the one, problem solved.
I didn't tell you if you returned with yellow water you would also be put to death. Death by (follow) over-hydration in your case.
Oh well now you change the rules![>:] LOL ok back to the well!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh well now you change the rules![>:] LOL ok back to the well!
nuh uh uh, I didn't change anything, the rules are what they are. You're trying to add to them. Yes, back to the well you go, and if you don't return with exactly 4 gallons in those symmetrical containersthis time you're dead meat!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hint?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

half and half equals whole
Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Well I would fill the 3 gallon bucket and empty it in the 5 gallon bucket fill the 3 gallon bucket again and then put in what you need to fill the 5 gallon bucket mark your 3 gallon bucket with the remaining water which would be a gallon dump the 5 gallon bucket out put the 1 gallon in thats remaining in the 3 gallon bucket fill the 3 gallon bucket again and dump it in the 5 gallon bucket and BAM you got 4 gallons!
EXACTLY what I would do.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you fill them both half way up you will get 4 gallons also as long as the containers dont have a tapered neck.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

If you fill them both half way up you will get 4 gallons also as long as the containers dont have a tapered neck.
John, how do you know where the half way mark? And they aren't tapered, they're perfect cylinders or square shaped remember?

There's a third system of pouring that will get you 4 gal on the dot.