Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill? >

How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill?

I would never pay one cent beyond my license fees...they could shove it up their rear.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please, please Lord don't let Blagojevich hear about this!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

He sounds like a tree hugger to me. It ain't gonna pass. He can go back to hugging his trees now. [8D]
No he actually said he eats venison, but buys it from a resturaunt,

He said it wasnt right for us select people to get free food, and the only reason you dont hear his supporters speak up is because were the ones with the guns

I thought it was illegal to buy venison? At least in VA.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is here in Manitoba.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's food even by the guy trying to pass it, no tax on food not to mention all the other things guys have said. None of it really matters, if they want to they'll justchange the law.

Hunters have enormous power that they don't realize, stop killing. As for myself I'm not killing any wolves until they pay me to do it and they will soon enough. That's power!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

A friend and I were just having this discussion yesterday, not about taxing game, but of all the things that used to be free that now have a cost associated with them. If this is progress, I'm not sure I want to participate.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The yearlyharvest on deer alone in Wisconsin is at least half a million head. That is potentially half a million deer/car collisions that hunters are saving the state. So we should pay alot of moneyto the state to save the state a lot of money on top of the alot of money we already do pay? This kind of thinking is what's partially to blame for our current economic crisis.

For the record though, I would agree with this idea on one condition, that there be provisions made for an open season on law makers.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

The yearlyharvest on deer alone in Wisconsin is at least half a million head. That is potentially half a million deer/car collisions that hunters are saving the state. So we should pay alot of moneyto the state to save the state a lot of money on top of the alot of money we already do pay? This kind of thinking is what's partially to blame for our current economic crisis.

For the record though, I would agree with this idea on one condition, that there be provisions made for an open season on law makers.
Funny

On a serios note historically speaking when a revolution starts those involved in law the wealthy and clergy are the first to go. If you haven't I'd read some of that history before going on the "record".

There was a march on Londonin the 1300's as the people were being very oppressed.The town was taken over by the people and a group of slim balls took control. They hid their faces when they carried out their "cleansing" (robbery is more like it) of the city. They wore

white hoods. They started with the above mentioned and when they were gone and their wealth seized they turn on the towns people in their thirst for more.

******Reason for edit*******
I'm sorry I got 2 stories mixed up, the white hoods were about a french revolution/cival warin the early 1400's in Paris,not London England.ALondonrevolt was started by a man named Tyler over a poll tax in the 1300's.

Been a while since I've read either.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: joshw020

WOW! [&:]. . .We DO pay taxes . . .they are called License and Tag!
Exactly........I was gonna say the same things!!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smitdog

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

He sounds like a tree hugger to me. It ain't gonna pass. He can go back to hugging his trees now. [8D]
No he actually said he eats venison, but buys it from a resturaunt,

He said it wasnt right for us select people to get free food, and the only reason you dont hear his supporters speak up is because were the ones with the guns

I thought it was illegal to buy venison? At least in VA.
Yeh i really dont know where this guy was from, i didnt catch that part, butthe station is in Greensboro, but they had him on the phone, so he wasnt even there with them. I would like to see more of his idiotic ideas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.