Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do they do??? >

What do they do???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do they do???

Old 04-07-2008, 01:23 PM

Default What do they do???

I teach with a lot of guys that don't really have a passion for much of anything in the outdoors. I mean during deer season or turkey or whatever, they are not out doing what Im doing. I wonder often about what they do. I mean this is how I express myself, relieve stress, spend time with GOD, think about my kids and wife, happy thoughts, I crave this stuff. I have to do it, or I will go nuts. I ask these guys about it, they don't even know what Im asking. Most, if not all of them have never hunted and don't want to. They say they read and go grocery shopping on Saturdays or watch football or something else on TV. They have no clue the adventures we have on the weekends and weekday afternoons. How can someone go through life without doing this or having a desire to do it, I willl never get it I guess.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do they do???

And the scary part is the influence they have on todays kids.[:@]
Old 04-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's funny you brought his up, as I often find myself wondering this when I see or talk to non-hunters. It's become such a part of my life, that I wouldn't be living if I wasn't doing it. It's similar to how confused I get when trying to figure out women.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Hey, good news...Vabowman and I are both teachers!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:28 PM

bawana, they really poke fun at me to their classes a lot about me hunting and fishing, they really think Im some hillbilly, I told them I can't be a hillbilly because I don't come from the Mts, I told themno, I was just plain white trash
Old 04-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

You got that right!!! Watching TV or playing video games is the thing now. Hunting and or going outside and enjoying the outdoors is too much work for people these days.
Nontypical Buck

I too know people that are like that, they spend all their time figuring the stats on football teams or golf. I suppose it is just different strokes for different folks. I mean I like a good football game but i would rather be hunting thanksgiving weekend than watching a game...LOL
This is what makes the world go roundI suppose. They have different stress releavers than we do, I wouldn't trade my hunting time with family and friends for anything asI am sure most on here feel the same way, why else would we be doing this when we are supposed to be working...LOL

Dominant Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1781874&mpage=1&key=greatest%2cd ay%2cafield&#1781874

VA....this was in my first year of bowhunting.....and it's still true (if you get a minute). I laugh at it now....but it's still my best day afield, ever....in any kind of hunting.

I think it's sad that many, many people will never get to experience this type of day.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are (markone):

Predator__X__

Prey____

Other____

jk Sort of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.