Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do they do??? >

What do they do???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do they do???

Old 04-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do they do???

my buddie and I were discussing this on our recent fishing trip. Our conclusion........ Bowling
Old 04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think we should be careful not to look down on the people that have different interests than us ...... when we do that, we sound like those that do that to us, and bring ourselves down to their level...

Different strokes for different folks .......
Old 04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I think we should be careful not to look down on the people that have different interests than us ...... doesn't that kind of bring us down to their level???

Different strokes for different folks .......

I agree Tony, different strokes for different folks! I try my hardest not to judge people by there interests in life or even how they live it, someone else is the judge!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people just can't go out in the country/woods and have a relaxing time or enjoy the peace and serenity of the wilderness!This past weekend me and my 2 Daughters packed a picnic lunch and went out in the woods and set up the Turkey Blind,then they went down to the creek and played for a while and then we had Deer Jerky,olives,potato salad,crackers & cheese and home made salsa and chips!Hopefully my girls will remember our outings in the woods and pass that onto their children too!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

Some people just can't go out in the country/woods and have a relaxing time or enjoy the peace and serenity of the wilderness!This past weekend me and my 2 Daughters packed a picnic lunch and went out in the woods and set up the Turkey Blind,then they went down to the creek and played for a while and then we had Deer Jerky,olives,potato salad,crackers & cheese and home made salsa and chips!Hopefully my girls will remember our outings in the woods and pass that onto their children too!
Pretty cool post! Way to go GTO!!!!!!!! My son also just loves to go wander around the woods for nothing in particular! Then he'll say "dad come here quick, look at this!" I get there and its a deer track in the mud!!!!! Great post GTO!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:48 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I teach at a small school and it is amazing at what the kids plan for Friday and Saturday nights. I just wanted to get to bed so I could get up early and hunt or fish all day long. I am lucky that several of the teachers at my school do enjoy hunting. I have 1 co worker in particular that will find me every morning to find out if I saw any deer or turkeys on my way to work. I know hunting and fishing kept me out of trouble in hs and college. I have a 5 yr old son and I am trying to instill that same passion into him. We practiced shooting his youth 410 tonight at turkey targets.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:09 PM

Tony, I was in no way trying imply that my interest are better than someone else's, I just do not know what I would do if I didn't live outdoors. I would never put down someone's hobbies even if they aren't the same as mine. But these guys have no hobbies really, they don't do much in my opinion that is exciting, but again, that's my opinion, I do have to defend my hobbies to them however. They make fun of me daily, Im thick skinned and I take in stride, so it's not really an issue, I kind of have fun explaining what I do to them and then they look at me like Im nuts!!! it's really all in good fun. Sorry if the post seemed I was downing them!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:21 PM

The only thing i can come up with for an answer is that if you have never been introduced to something it is hard to see what you are missing.

I mean I feel the same about the whole thing as you but at the same timeI come up with this solution....The kids are the future and if we teach them to hunt or even just get outdoors and appreciate what the good Lord a has given us we will have done all we can do. Even if you introduce an adult to the outdoors they to can change, it is just harder after they have life's routiens going on.

The bottom line is some will not like the outdoors or hunting but atleast they can appreciate our perspective as for the others they will soon be doing what we are doing and doing it in only the way we Americans can do it.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Tony, I was in no way trying imply that my interest are better than someone else's, I just do not know what I would do if I didn't live outdoors. I would never put down someone's hobbies even if they aren't the same as mine. But these guys have no hobbies really, they don't do much in my opinion that is exciting, but again, that's my opinion, I do have to defend my hobbies to them however. They make fun of me daily, Im thick skinned and I take in stride, so it's not really an issue, I kind of have fun explaining what I do to them and then they look at me like Im nuts!!! it's really all in good fun. Sorry if the post seemed I was downing them!
Va ... you didn't seem like you were getting on them, Bro ....... there were a few other posts that started to go in that direction, those are the ones I was talking about .... believe me .. I don't understand how people couldn't love hunting and fishing either ......
Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Site Buck Guru

PT, don't spoil our fun, you know they talk the same way about us, it's human nature. [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.