Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tresspasser caught on trail cam >

Tresspasser caught on trail cam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tresspasser caught on trail cam

Old 03-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tresspasser caught on trail cam

Remember that post I where a friend found all those sheds. Well, they found some interesting trail cam pics as well. To make a long story short. Its a guy that was poaching sheds. Here is the pic they got. Whats your take on trespassers that are taking sheds. Is it a slap on the wrist, or more serious? Below is the post from my buddy John who was in the pictures with all those sheds I posted. The second post was taken from another web site, from Iowa, lol okay the location secrets out. Below is the trail cam pic they got of the tresspasser, and the second pic is John holding a 101" shed some kids found out there.

Levi Ward pleads guilty to tresspassing. $100 fine. $87 in court costs.
My buddy paid $3000 to plant corn and put up an electric fence.
He left an estimate of 1000 bushels of corn in the field at a value of at least $4000 this year with corn prices what they are.
Levi tresspassed on 3 other properties to get to the farm where the pic was taken. That is where he said all the sheds came from. I hope these landowners are still pressing charges.
I hate to post it up because people now know that if they tresspass its a slap on the wrist, but also in the day and age of trail cameras they will eventually get caught.
With Iowas stiff fines for poaching deer this fine seems silly to me.
Im not really on other forums but feel free to post up and use his name, he is from Moravia Iowa and is a thief. Let me know what other forums this goes on.
Bowdeadly can you post up the wanted poster again, also, Chris Lane at Iowa Whitetail has been asked to post up these results.

Hey guys this picture really hits home for me, I live a mile from where this picture was taken. I planted those apple trees for my neighbor that are in the fence, in the picture. The owner of this property lives in Maryland and he is a big qdma guy. His property buts up against a highway and his he has a farmer living on the property to watch the place, but this kid that had the guts to do this lives 7 miles south in Moravia.

He was given a trespassing fee, and was trying to be convicted of steeling the antlers, but our local game warden can't prove the sheds were on my neighbor’s property. (but we all know they were) he also walked near by properties as well. He was parking along way off and walking or he was getting dropped off by his buddies. His name is dirt now in southern Iowa so that goes to show how it’s not worth it to risk your name for a few sheds too bucks you can't even hunt. I own a 60 acre alfalfa field not 300 yards from this property, and I have found 8 sheds in it so I was very lucky. My field is really close to another neighbor’s. house so he didn’t risk hunting my place, but it's a shame it had to happen to others though

Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tresspasser caught on trail cam

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Whats your take on trespassers that are taking sheds. Is it a slap on the wrist, or more serious?
I bet he would have/will been back with a weapon.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

man that sucks! its good they caught him though! looks like he picked up quite a collection too[:'(]
Old 03-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

A-holes!!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Personally I wish trespassing of any kind was taken more serious. In the old days, it was shoot first, today that would be murder so the law should enforce it to the max.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

In that case, it should be considered grand larceny..... how much money you think a 101" shed is worth on the open market? Is it over $200.....? Collectors are paying big money for some of these things.....
Old 03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would beat him like a redheaded step child that spilled my last beer.

Hey Andy How A little more info for a stop and knock the next time I go buy Iowa.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its trespassing AND theft. You will have to start placing sheds next to a huge pit trap then check the pit for trespassers
Old 03-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Around my area, the Meskawkee (not correct spelling) india tribe bought a bunch of land, a guy farms it, but isnt aloud to hunt it, but he does it anyways. We watched him go up in there and shed hunt for 3 weeks, finnaly game warden drove by and caught him! I was very relieved.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

A # 6 Newhouse would hold him until you had time to go have a talk with him about the hazards of trespassing.

Quick Reply: Tresspasser caught on trail cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.