Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Grim Reaper DVD ???? >

Grim Reaper DVD ????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Grim Reaper DVD ????

Old 09-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Grim Reaper DVD ????

I got the free DVD from Grim Reaper, who else has seen it? I dont know if it was enough to convince me to buy them, I mean most of the shots showed the tip of the grim reaper out penetrating everything else but the blades were further back. The only reason I saw that they out penetrated was because they are longer.. They also showed the hide and said the blades fully opned onthe hide, but when you look at the ballistics gel in slow motion you can see the blades opening after they pass through the hide.

No doubt one tough broadhead though, i dont think I would have a worry if i were hunting with them. What impressed me was the pentration into plywood at an angle....

Will I make the switch, probably not...

Did I think they were pretty impressive, you bet...

Thanks for reading.....
Old 09-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Grim Reaper DVD ????

i shoot the grim reaper razortip 100 grain 1 3/4inch cut. I love them. I am also trying the razorcuts for the 1st time this year. every year i try something else and end up going back to the reapers. ive used them for the last 5 years now and never had a problem.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Grim Reaper DVD ????

In Manitoba this June I shot a bear from between the last two ribs, through the body stopping at the opposite shoulder. Bear went 15 feet and was dead within 30 seconds.

100 grain, 1-3/8" cutting diameter.

My guide and the other three hunters were visibly impressed! I can't even think of using any other broadhead after witnessing that.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex