Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Code Blue

Old 09-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default Code Blue

Has anyone used Code Blue products? Are they as good as they are advertised or is it just a bunch of hype?
Old 09-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Code Blue

it is what i use never killed a deer off of scent but had lil bucks come to it so i guess it works
Old 09-17-2006, 03:57 PM

I've used "Still Steamin" doe urine several times and seen it work well on some bucks. I've seen bucks catch the scent drift and take a 90 degree turn, trotting in grunting with their lip curled up. I've also seen it spook doe that might potentialy bring in a buck. I figure Code Blue is the same thing..............doe pee is doe pee, assuming it comes from a single doe.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:01 AM

Last year I used Active Scrape and Trails End by Wildlife Research. Trails End in the early season and Active Scrape in the rutting period. I saw half a dozen differnet bucks becuase of it and had a monster 10 point 8 yards from me on the ground checking the mock scrape I had the dripper over. When I went to draw he heard my arrow on the rest and bolted. Later that morning I shot a 4 point over the same mock scrape. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. This year we seem to have another 5 or 6 bucks running around our stands from what we see on game cams so it will be interesting. I've never used Code Blue but have heard both good and bad stories about it. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:00 AM

After using most all the commercially available scent products I had decided tonot use any, until two years ago I discovered a scent company ( deer farm), Southern Whitetail Scents that collects fresh deer urine from the current hunting season. Since using their products my boys and I have harvested some really nice bucks. I think the fact that it is collected fresh, refrigerated and no preservatives are added makes it retain more of it's original smell than the others. We only use this companies scents. www.southernwhitetailsccents.com
Old 09-18-2006, 02:56 PM

Isn't the Code Blue the stuff that is like 30.00 for a small bottle.
For that price it better work!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

I used some Code Blue late year near the end of the season (December). A group of 4 does and a buck came up from behind me and were running up a trail behind me and to my left. After listening to what sounded like a stampede for a couple of minutes, I turned my head to see where they were going and if I could get a shot. Just as I turned my head a doe looked right at me and spooked. All of the other deer ran off, except the buck. He stayed and kept pawing the ground and snorting. He wanted to come, despite the spooking, but, after a couple of minutes of pawing, he finally left, too. But it definitely got his attention!

Question: I have about 3/4ths of that bottle left over from last year. It’s been sealed the whole time. Is it still any good for this year’s season?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]